Angie's Transportation out of St. Louis, MO

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by retiredpaidtourist, May 3, 2024.

1. retiredpaidtourist

retiredpaidtourist Bobtail Member

May 3, 2024
    Driver's beware of this company. Talk about bringing the third world mentality to the American Trucking industry. Chicago isn't the only place these people are. I don't even know where to start. They lie to get you in, and bank on the fact that you've already committed and travelled there before they sit you down and tell you the parts they didn't on the phone. You have to initial 2 front and back pages of trivial stuff they can 'fine" you for, force you to pay membership to TVC whether you want it or not, time off at home is next near impossible, and if you decide to leave you have to give two weeks notice or forfeit the escrow account of $1000 of which they illegally ( at least according to MO state labor laws) say they can take up to 45 days to return minus any deductions they deem fit. I presently have a US Department of Labor complaint against them, if you've experienced this with them I encourage you to do the same. Delivery appts are unreasonable and if need be they will edit your logs for any driving violations to PC. Just stay away folks, save yourself the trouble and headaches. I know I should of known better but the circumstances at the time forced my hand.

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    No cirumstances are ever that bad to where you basically sign your life away to become someone elses b**ch

ducnut, Concorde, Puppage and 2 others Thank this.
  4. retiredpaidtourist

May 3, 2024
    beg to differ with you buddy but you don't know the circumstances to which I was referring to, so your opinion is moot. That comment was an acknowledgement that I screwed up in an attempt to keep someone else from doing the same so your condescending and pompus remark is laughable at best.

Lonesome and Opus Thank this.
  5. TheLoadOut

Nov 6, 2019
    just keep on making those bad decisions that put you in positions like this

6. retiredpaidtourist

May 3, 2024
    I guess having that Road Train Member under your name gives you the right to harass and insult other users of this platform huh? Gives you a sense of power huh? Wow, I'm guessing that you got picked on in school and this is your only outlet huh?

7. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    What type of driving position was this? 1099, W-2, Lease or lease purchase?

8. TheLoadOut

Nov 6, 2019
    Reviews found right here on TTR regarding Angies...

Former Employee - Apr 21, 2024
    Attended orientation realized I didn't like the company or the job and they retaliated against me with false information on my dac report

Former Employee - Jan 29, 2024
    Do not drive for this company they will treat you out of your money they are dishonest. The dispatch system is terrible. When you sign up they’ll have you sign 40 papers it’s like slashing your own throat, don’t do it , don’t drive for this company , they will not give you your last paychecks.

Current Employee - Jan 18, 2024
    Where do I start. DRIVER BEWARE!!! I’ve been here at Angie’s for a little while.now. She’s a crook. The maintenance is below standards. The trucks are wore out. The pay is mediocre. It was pretty decent. Angie herself made changes to the pay and took our Friday deliveries right before the Hollidays of 23 and stuck it to us.to better suit herself and it cost me nearly 4000 dollars a month. Gone. I came here because the add said minimum 2000 dollars a week. That’s gone. Angies have an annual dot audit that was not disclosed during the fastest orientation. I’ve personally ever had. I would’ve walked out if they told me that. They force you to pay a ransom of 1000 which I did not initial, and they took it anyway. I was more confused about their process and basically learned on my own. I was not orientated properly and I could imagine how the young guys made it through. They hire inexperienced drivers. They mess up, Angie’s micromanaged you because of their inexperience. They are dysfunctional and totally delusional to say that they know trucks and trucking better than anyone. I read that and just about wrecked my truck laughing out loud. If there was a dollar laying on the table and you turned your back, she would take it. They lie, they cheat you they use McLeod, which is a mile hack. I’ve figured Angie’s harvest somewhere around 400-600 miles a week from me depending how they run you but this is not a forced dispatch. Lol. They do not reimburse anything. The add is a lie. No lay over pay No reimbursement of oil gear for the her truck that is required by law for them to have in their truck. There’s no detention and if there is, she keeps it. you can expect to make about 1300 a week. You get one load a week most weeks. She owes me 2500 in receipts that I no longer turn in because I’m sure they’re thrown away and never paid. The adds are false advertisement. I am quite frankly shocked she has not been sued as of yet but it’s coming. Listen to me, I am a veteran truck driver and have seen all the games people like Angie’s play. They are out for them. Please do yourself a favor and pass this one up. They are polish crooks. They run junk tires everything is a million mile part to them. They don’t fix anything g until it’s broken and then they do it the cheapest they can. They are hustlers and they hustle in drivers and they take advantage of you. Stay away. I’d like for them to be put out of business. We believe they listening to our conversations. We say things to each other on the phones because we know there’s going to be a reaction from them. They are criminals and they have the department of transportation in their pockets. They are an insult to the industry. They are playing games then jumping through loop holes that dot provides them to escape criminal charges. Angie’s Transportation is a scam and if you don’t drive for them, they can’t stay in business. Take my word for it. They run this company off the backs of their misclassified drivers, oh yea, they misclassify you as a contractor on a 1099 so she can operate her criminal organization off your dime. She’s a thief and so is her brother and her father all three are a fraud. I have proof that’s mounting into a criminal investigation.

Reviews found on Google...
    *Warning! Beware of this company! Think twice. Before you decide to drive for the b..tch. Angie’s transportation! Read the reviews . Dispatch here is the worst I’ve ever dealt with! And management won’t take your calls, problems with pay. And you’ll need a lawyer to get your last paycheck! Too Many problems with this company to mention here. And they will tell lies on your Dac report!! Worst place I worked in 35 yrs! 1 star is too many!!! ….. I will call the Missouri DOT. With complaint about this company

*1099 Company

*Will put false info on you're dac report they misuse hireright should be sued

*Treat drivers like garbage, have no respect for drivers or their equipment

*Worse place to work for, they lie to the broker, they run two log books and they have you lie on e-logs. They don't know how to plan the drivers at all. Oh if you quit they find a way to keep your money. I had to safe all my text messages and phone recording because they back pedal every thing they say. Just for everyone to a contract is voided if a company knows that you don't have hours to run or if you are sick they can not penalized you.

*Not good people they lie about everything

*Terrible company

Granted there were some good reviews too but they sound like many other companies out there. If you have anything positive to offer this industry there is a guy named @Chinatown on this site that can help you find what you're looking for and where. Best of luck.

9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    The state of Missouri has so many companies, most if not all, with good reputations. How did you end up with this company?

10. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Kinda hems it up, don't it?
    I'm always amazed at the number of drivers who only find TTR AFTER they've been screwed. Smh....

11. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    ........ and then wants to get mad at everyone here for it. :cool:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.