Animal Cruelty

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Dec 5, 2019.

1. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Two things.
    1. Charged doesn't mean convicted. Innocent until proven guilty, not innocent until charged.
    2. Animal control is just another branch of law enforcement. Public opinion and politics play a role in who they charge just like it does to a dot officer giving you and i grief.

D.Tibbitt, tramm01, wore out and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I've seen a lot worse. Im certainly not going to pass judgment on this working class woman fir doing something that resulted in no injury when we have lawyers, doctors and politicians doing worse to horses that result in them having to be put down.

Its a 5 second video clip of using a pick up to lead an obstinate stubborn horse away walking speed. We don't know what took place before or after that 5 seconds. She could have spent 2 hours trying to load it before frustration over came her and she resorted to pulling it with the pick up.

tramm01 and wore out Thank this.
  4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    The before vehicles fix was hook more horses to the front and drag it forward, is that animal abuse? How many of you screaming animal abuse have ever tried leading a horse that's decided it doesn't want to move?

okiedokie, Cowboyrich and spyder7723 Thank this.
  5. dibstr

dibstr Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Mississippi
    I’ve been around horses my whole life also and I won’t go as far as to say it was abuse but I will say it was uncalled for and stupid. If they were having trouble with the horse balking or not wanting to load that is a training issue and the horse learned absolutely nothing other than to resist pressure rather than give to it. God created circles for a reason and the owners need to learn that reason if they are going to keep horses.

okiedokie, sealevel, tramm01 and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Rubber duck kw

Dec 9, 2017
    It's stupid yes, abuse no.

7. dibstr

dibstr Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Mississippi
    That will be for the Judge/Jury but this is what CO code states.

§ 18-9-202. Cruelty to animals - aggravated cruelty to animals - service animals
    Universal Citation: CO Rev Stat § 18-9-202 (2016)
    (1) (a) A person commits cruelty to animals if he or she knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence overdrives, overloads, overworks, torments, deprives of necessary sustenance, unnecessarily or cruelly beats, allows to be housed in a manner that results in chronic or repeated serious physical harm, carries or confines in or upon any vehicles in a cruel or reckless manner, engages in a sexual act with an animal, or otherwise mistreats or neglects any animal, or causes or procures it to be done, or, having the charge or custody of any animal, fails to provide it with proper food, drink, or protection from the weather consistent with the species, breed, and type of animal involved, or abandons an animal.

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    overdrives,

that's it right there, she was over driving the horse's ability to walk standing up right

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  9. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    In the video ir is mentioned she recently got the horse away a bargain due to its behavior issues. Obviously training was lacking. We don't know if she has had it long enough to properly train it to lead.

I found the outrages about animal abuse rather hypocritical coming from people who regularly buy commercial beef. Go spend a day at a feed lot or slaughter house and then pass judgement on this woman.

Qbf594, 12 ga and Snailexpress Thank this.
  10. dibstr

dibstr Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Mississippi
    Is rather obvious that training was lacking, but equally obvious that the new owners were lacking the knowledge and skills to own such a horse or take it anywhere. I don’t know what they were doing but I strongly suspect the horse wouldn’t load so they tied him and drug it. I’ve seen it before tying to trailers and even a tractor when a horse wouldn’t load or lead. It’s not the horse that has the problem, it’s the owner. Btw, I’ve spent more than a day in stockyards and feedlots.

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  11. Rubber duck kw

Dec 9, 2017
    I would guess they thought they had it trained and took it out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.