Another “Record” Drug Bust

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Dec 19, 2021.

1. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lexuslane

Lexuslane Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2021
    They need to dye it black and shape it like a pallet and stack the real cargo on it .

4. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Another win for the K9. It’s hard to mask scents from a K’s. Not saying it can’t be done.

Boondock and mjd4277 Thank this.
  5. pumpkinishere

pumpkinishere Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2021
    I would be a mad Mo fo to find something like that on my truck. I know we don’t have details on this load and if driver was aware or not but we’ve picked up plenty of preloaded trailers with seals already on the trailer. I’ve often wondered what if our truck had some illegal stuff on it. I guess it would be a process to prove that I was unaware of the product but I would be ####ty to have to go through this process.

dwells40, Saltyoldone and Boondock Thank this.
  6. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    The traffickers hid the meth amongst the cargo of auto parts.

Boondock and pumpkinishere Thank this.
  7. pumpkinishere

pumpkinishere Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2021
    That’s sad too. Some of this #### coming across our borders and such not much of it can kill you. I believe that is the fentanyl but I wouldn’t trust anything coming from these areas if I were a druggie. That’s a lot of dope. My naive self wants to think the driver didn’t know but either way sad story.

Boondock Thanks this.
  8. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    In a controlled environment, yes.

At roadside, not so much. They only have a 50% success rate.

The Police Dog Who Cried Drugs at Every Traffic Stop

If anyone doesn't like that source, look at Florida v harrris

pumpkinishere and Boondock Thank this.
  9. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    It comes back to how much training you invest into your K9. Unfortunately most handlers don’t invest the time they should to keep their K9 at the top of its game.

pumpkinishere and Boondock Thank this.
  10. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    They woulda got away with it if they could mold the stuff to look and smell like def tanks. Lol

11. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Back around 2006-07 I was coming up from the Texas valley on US 281 through the Sarita Checkpoint. They were training dogs and had a very long line of trucks. I was an 1/8 mile back and a BPO was walking along the line of trucks with a bag and asking random drivers something. When he got to me he told me they were training dogs and asked if he could hide a sample on my truck for him to find. I said sure and he put a rolled up and sealed with federal seal bag of weed deep in my storage box on my left side frame. It was insulated pretty darn good. When I got up there the dog started at right front and slowly made it around to the spot and sat down. The K-9 BPO opened up the box showed and praised the dog while another guy thanked me and told me to have a safe trip.
    Being a dog lover that was a cool experience at the time for me. I was glad to help out the problem we have down here for sure.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.