Another oil field hopeful...

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by THIRSTY, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THIRSTY

THIRSTY Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2011
    SPOKANE, WA
    Rollovers, can and do happen, whether yer a greenhorn, or a seasoned driver. All it takes is for something in the driveline to go kaput while on a hill, and that's all she wrote. The company, and oil companies have a strict no guns allowed kinda deal. If anyone carries one, they sure ain't tellin.

No problem. 8)

So, I left off talkin about school. They sent us over to San Angelo to take a week long vac truck training course. I must say, this organization never ceases to blow me away, get paid to go there, learn, and eat. The guys at the training center are very cool, and I've been very impressed, with the way they run things, and treat us.

Only one guy got the smackdown...shows up first day, and the trainers see he's not 'feeling' well. They took him for some tests, and he sat out the day...next morning he shows up and was taken offsite...methinks he no longer has a job.

So far, we spent Monday, doing in class training, Tuesday we did a road evaluation, and did some practice loading and unloading. Today, we actually got a good chunk of road time, and tomorrow, will be more driving and backing drills. Here's a couple pics of what I drove today.

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gbz

gbz Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Thanks for the wealth of info. Thirsty how is the job coming along are you still with nabors?... how's the winter work lookn like over there.

4. MakingthatNaborspaper

MakingthatNaborspaper Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2012
    long beach, ca
    Thirsty whats up its Greg check your pms

5. THIRSTY

Dec 23, 2011
    SPOKANE, WA
    Been awhile since this thread's seen any activity:biggrin_2559:. I'm still with Nabors, going on 8 months now. Things are going good for the most part, and I've certainly come a long way since I first started this thread. I'm still diggin it, but things have gotten pretty slow for us past few weeks, but after next week, should pick up for a couple weeks, then another lull for Christmas, then after the new year, things should get hopping once again.

Done.

Tractor7127 and Seattle206 Thank this.
  6. Seattle206

Seattle206 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Things have been busy for us; were even short handed with all the work. Just got back from 3 days straight on the Grind.

7. THIRSTY

Dec 23, 2011
    SPOKANE, WA
    What's the name of the company you're with? :biggrin_2559: I just got back from a few days at home...I hope there's a grind in our area, now that Thanksgiving is over.

8. gbz

gbz Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Hey thirsty i believe seatle wrks for big red...seen it in a previous post...i was wondering you said work was slowing a bit is that less then 40hrs a week...i seen in your previous thread that your outa the kenedy yard is your co. still hiring newbies..i seen the job posts online for many of nabors yard but curious if they are still hiring....someone on the inside should have a tadbit of info...

9. magnus1225

magnus1225 Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Great info thanks everyone

10. THIRSTY

Dec 23, 2011
    SPOKANE, WA
    Getting 40 hours a week is easy, it's trying to get a full day, everyday, that's tough right now. Today, for example I only got 7 hours in...tomorrow I'll be heading over to DFW area to pick up some boxcars, so that'll get me a full day...it's really hit or miss. I'm actually out of the Iraan yard, and while our yard may not be hiring ATM, other yards are. Newbies are still getting hired, and I don't see that changing anytime soon with Nabors. 8)

Your welcome8)

gbz Thanks this.
  11. son_of_thunder

son_of_thunder Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Somewhere in Texas
    Last year in Iraan during Thanksgiving and Christmas it was busy. Nabors in Iraan big customer is Oxy and they are more in the natural gas then oil around Iraan,since natural gas price is down they aren't drilling. The season won't slow the business the oil and natural gas prices will and also other companies that want your customers will slow you down.Before I left Nabors in Iraan last May,I was told that Oxy wasn't to happy with nabors because of bad service,like taking waste water out of the wrong battery or not showing up,being lost for a long time,even the driver has a map,or not be able to finish all the batteries in one day.Now I have to say that Nabors in Iraan had some real junk for trucks,but since Troy has took over the yard the trucks should be in tip top shape now.If I didn't get Todd Moore fired before he could took over the yard,the Iraan yard would be a ghost town since Todd thought he was it.I'm surprised that the Ozona,Big lake yards aren't busy since that's where I got most of my hours at,When I wasn't doing Oxy or Faskin batteries.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.