Another One Churned and Burned at Swift

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by wbound_I10, Sep 6, 2015.

1. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Managing your stuff is essential. A person needs to have their separate duffle bag ready and their toiletries all accounted for in a conatainer of some sort. I kept three separate sets of toiletries each in a small Rubbermaid container. Sometimes you have to be quick to get your shower in.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    OP keep at it. Always someone to blame at another company.
    Apply at C.R england

4. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    i never missed not doing Long haul. let's face it, that what it was called back in my day, and i still from time to time, call it that.

it was a blast in the beginning, as i got to see nearly every nook and cranny in America, and only few places in Canukistan as well.

then to me, it got tiring after a while.

5. DoubleO7

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois

Ooops, I thought I was replying to the OP.

6. DoubleO7

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I'm looking forward to OTR, I'll be 48 states, that's what the recruiter said anyway. I will get tired of it at some point I am sure. After being away over 11 years, I am getting excited about it. The advantage I have now, that I did not have the first time is that I know about the bad and ugly. So, I don't have to go through those frustrations again.

7. wbound_I10

wbound_I10 Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2015
    I know. I was just so tired all the time. Too tired to take a shower, or to even eat sometimes. All I wanted to do was park the rig and go to bed. Truck driving is hard work!

Canned Spam Thanks this.
  8. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    No you don't.

I'm sure for some companies you do. But to generalize it that much is foolish.

9. DoubleO7

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I don't think complaining to truckers is going to get the response you are seeking. I am never too tired to shower when I need it. I think you may want to consider that there are drivers here who have been OTR for decades.

10. DoubleO7

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois

OK, maybe there are exceptions, but that was my experience. It is also what I expect this time. I can tolerate a constantly changing clock. It is how I am wired I do have preferences. I don't like 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM. I will run it though if I have the legal hours.

11. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    @wbound_I10, #### happens. Apply for jobs. Someone will hire you. Be more careful next time. Don't let the negative advice get to you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.