Another Suicide By Truck

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Mar 15, 2018.

1. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    I cant help but wonder if the pedestrian was on a phone.
    Then again, he may have been to a doctor recently and got some bad news about his health.

4. allniter

allniter Medium Load Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I 10 FL exit 70
    He's 68yo maybe dementia?

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  5. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Dementia,cancer,Alzheimer’s? He was a store owner. Maybe there was a major financial issue that occurred(lost life savings/retirement). Who knows? I’m sure something will come to light in the investigation.

6. phantom 310

phantom 310 Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2017
    At least his family will be taken care of. Somehow they will figure out a way to make the insurance company pay. Maybe that was the plan.

Aamcotrans Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Who knows what the suicide was thinking.

I have a doctor who was one despite a very for lack of a better word awesome military life history. I was his last patient too. He was dead less than 24 hours later. Bone cancer was his situation.

Death by semi is not my choice of going out. So someone was seriously not in the right mind to get into a path of a semi on purpose. I would hope the driver in that rig got some help asap, he or she will need it to maintain stability in this horrible time.

We do not have Dutch style end of life laws here in the USA, only Oregon and a small number of states have particularly rigid laws that pretty much denies a person's liberty to choose enthusia. (Spelling) without excessive scrutiny and a very narrow number of allowable reasons. I support the Dutch and Swiss model as they make it happen in the correct time for the right reasons.

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  8. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    If that’s the case,then the insurance won’t be paying. They investigate stuff like this nowadays and some insurance policies don’t cover suicide.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i cannot post it here, but i had seen a video this morning, from some other country, where a guy waited for a truck, and he ran for it and dived under the tandems......squish went his head.

and he was not on a phone.

i think as stated, now the truck driver may have to get professional counseling, and most certainly his DMV record is stained for x number of years. if he goes job hunting, he must explain that death, over and over again.

suicide by cop, suicide by train, suicide by truck, bus, car, etc....

the one in need of dying has no qualms on anyone's future.

x1Heavy and mjd4277 Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ive killed animals with the semi many times but very few times deliberately as a matter of decision to protect other people around me in a bad situation. I wrote about it here on TTR a few times for one in particular. Even today I still have a little bit of a problem with it. A little bit stays with me rest of my life from that one. It was a huge Lab heavy as a grown person trapped in the middle lane in the rain at Terrell in a construction with cars on both sides lined up. (They cleared OUT quick when they realized Im pouring blood and gore for 20 miles under that rain cell.) And that particular tractor was a shop queen which I am happy to turn in the moment I got my regular rig back.

I don't think the suicide cared about the insurance, however my own life insurance had a two year moratorium on suicide if I went out that way it's null and void. But now if I went to Holland or Netherlands for example or to Swiss the insurance will pay out. Not very happy but they will pay. Under the terms of the funerary the body would be cremated and shipped to Arkansas and it will be about 2000 dollars done.

Estate would be a small Probate in Court and wrapped in about a year for about a few thousand more for lawyers, papers etc.

11. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i think many of us have killed an animal or two.

death by trucker is a bone chilling and perhaps life altering event for the poor slot trucker.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.