Another town bans truck parking...

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Nexwinner, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Nexwinner

Nexwinner Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Greenville, WV
    Just read this on OOIDA, "Moores Hill, IN, town council passed an ordinance banning trucks and trailers weighing more than 16,000 pounds from parking long-term within city limits." I saw that the town is very small but it seems that more are jumping on the band wagon.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Gee imagine that.Just another trk hater town.No surprise there.What is their defination of long term parking I wonder.

4. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Trucking companies should refuse to deliver in towns like that. Of course that will never happen.

JSQAsmith Thanks this.
  5. Nexwinner

Nexwinner Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Greenville, WV
    I guess they really do not want truckers, trucks and well, I guess merchandise for that matter. I just read that another PA township passed an ordinance back in October. Here is the quote " October 10, 2012, Marple Commissioners voted 6-0 for an ordinance that would prohibit commercial vehicles from parking in any park, school or recreation area owned by the township."

Basically, they do want their goods but then they want the truckers & trucks to disappear ASAP.

pattyj and bullhaulerswife Thank this.
  6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Nope never will,they go where the money is.

7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    How often do any of you hear of a trucking company actually sticking up for the drivers?They just let it all happen.As long as they see that profit they don't care what the law does.

8. HwyPrsnr

HwyPrsnr Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Anywhere, USA
    Just one of the reasons is...take a look at your local WalMart. It looks like a truckstop, pee bottles and garbage and the rest of the crap that we see at these truckstops today. Why would ANY town want this kind of person parking long term in their town? It will keep getting worse for trucks to park until drivers get these "low-life" "lazy" drivers out of our industry. All it takes is opening your eyes and you will be able to see what Im talking about. Be safe out there drivers.

9. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Wait a second, they are not banning commercial vehicles from the town just from areas THAT ARE NOT DESIGNED TO HAVE 80k LBS.

There is a reason for truck routes and designated parking areas. These areas are engineered for the traffic. We are just seeing more towns paying attention to it now that budgets are stretched and they get no money to help support the repairs.

If you are going to get upset about this stuff then focus on the towns that have ordinances that are designed to target trucking to generate revenue. Like the towns that have a 60k weight limit on the only route to a shipper and you have to buy single use permits to haul a load out or face HUGE tickets if you are caught without a permit.

10. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    True although walmarts where I live always have clean lots.But I see what you mean though.I have seen many discusting lots.Although in this case I just think ppl consider trks an eyesoar,maybe taking up too much space maybe don't want the excessive idling or the most obvious,they hate trks.

HwyPrsnr Thanks this.
  11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I know somebody that can't even park his bobtail in his own driveway.He has to leave it at the trk stop.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.