Another town bans truck parking...

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Nexwinner, Feb 26, 2013.

1. HwyPrsnr

HwyPrsnr Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Anywhere, USA
    Yup. Sometimes it seems that some drivers just want to see how much space they can take up in the parking lot. 1/4 to 1/3 of the lot can be easily filled with trucks on a weekend at some of them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I hate snoots and home owners associations even more. I'm glad I live in the country.

That town has a population of 600. A truck would probably touch the east and west side of town at the same time. :)

Taildragon Thanks this.
  4. Black Knight

Black Knight Bobtail Member

May 25, 2012
    Well folks, what is your job? Pick up, transport, and deliver whatever the customer ships. They dont want your ragedy ##### sitting about their town, taking up space and making a mess.

Quit complaining, do your job then get out of town. Hit the freeways and rest at the truck stops (thats why they are called truck stops), rest areas and other roadway accomodations. You are not important, just the freight. Sooner you accept that , the sooner you will get rid of the frustration.

Have a wonderful day, and a safe one. Remember get in and get out and all is well.

5. Nexwinner

Nexwinner Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Greenville, WV
    I would agree that many drivers are abusing lots and they should stop with the littering, pee bottles and so forth but with that said, these places are creating the bans for a variety of reasons; banning for appearance, to make money or the capability of the place being used. For instance; a school parking lot receive loads themselves, from trucks and are built to handle the buses and trucks, so that is not the issue. The issue in the case of a school parking lot is not about the engineering capability but more about appearance, nuisance and so forth. In the issues with recreation areas and other areas, I can see some valid concerns regarding the ability of the place to stand up to the traffic. However, we are not talking about the traffic of a truckstop but more on the lines of an occasional driver stopping; to make a call, fill out some paperwork or getting caught in HOS. I think it comes down to that the cities, towns and government want you to move on, well then the driver is penalized as an end result. If laws are going to be made then there should be designated places to park.

6. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

That applies to many places. In the small town in PA where I stay much of the time, the police force is around ten. There is one Motor Carrier Enforcement Officer and he drives by the house frequently, slowing down each time to a crawl, to see if I have my truck up the end of the driveway or maybe around back of the house. Meanwhile drugs and gangs are increasing in our little community, but he's keeping it safe by making sure my truck is not at the house. What a screwed up set of priorities for law enforcement and lawmakers.

dude6710 and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  7. Nexwinner

Nexwinner Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Greenville, WV
    The fact that you can't park in your driveway or someone's that you are visiting who gives permission, really is an issue. I have to say, thank the Lord I live where i do. I can park whatever I desire in my driveway, my yard and if I wanna put a freaking commode out there I have the choice...;) JK :biggrin_25523:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  8. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

Oh, and meanwhile across the street they just purchased a new 40' travel trailer. It is fine to park out in the street. They do not park in front of their own house because, as the man told me, "it ruins the view". Also, not related, but here in PA a Class A license is "required" to drive the larger RVs or pull the big trailers. That is not a CDL, just a Class A license. I know at least dozen folks who have these large vehicles, but not one of them has the license, LEO's everywhere seem to just ignore the requirement.

9. Menehune

Menehune Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Trucks belong out of towns, off city streets, except when picking up or deliverying. The residents of these towns are tired of seeing those big ugly things crowding their roads and parking areas.

Find a truck stop, rest area, or other approved parking area. If HOS is a problem then better regulate your HOS so you have time to Pick up or deliver and get out of town.

Trucks belong on the freeways and not in the cities creating traffic hassels.

10. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Easy to armchair quarterback when you're not the one stuck for hours on end at a shipper/receiver who simply doesn't give a rats ###.

379exhd, truckermario, MTownZ and 3 others Thank this.
  11. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    Maybe someone should go to this town and weigh the garbage and fire trucks, if they are over 16,000 lbs, tell them they have to park them outside of the city limits too.......

SGTSmokdU Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.