Another town bans truck parking...

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Nexwinner, Feb 26, 2013.

1. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    A lot of what drives this is torn up parking lots. A developer is not doing to engineer the parking lot to support 80k + lbs coming and going and put down sufficient base and asphalt to support a lot of heavy truck traffic. Then the drivers come in grossing 80,000 lbs and make hard u-turns to get situated and parked for his weekend at home and after a few months of this, the parking lot is torn to hell. I don't blame the business owners and some drivers don't take the time and consideration to look for alternative parking lots for hometime. But, as an ex-driver, I realize sometimes you have very few [if any] options.

menehune, you need to get a clue. How the hell do you think those organic beans and milk got on the store shelves IN TOWN where you shop?

volvodriver01 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Menehune

Menehune Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    menehune, you need to get a clue. How the hell do you think those organic beans and milk got on the store shelves IN TOWN where you shop?[/QUOTE]

Stexan, I have a really good clue. I also know where and what gets shipped daily via truck. I have been there and done that myself for many years. But my advice is still the same. Maybe you should return to whatever it is you do as a ex-driver.

4. volvodriver01

volvodriver01 Road Train Member

Stexan, I have a really good clue. I also know where and what gets shipped daily via truck. I have been there and done that myself for many years. But my advice is still the same. Maybe you should return to whatever it is you do as a ex-driver.[/QUOTE]

Your the type of selfish, greedy person that I would like to see go to the market and find nothing on the shelves or go to the gas station and wonder why there isn't any gas for you to buy. I mean come on already WE big ugly loud ### semi's are what bring you EVERYTHING you need to live and survive off of. If anything these little towns that are making ordinances against us should be grateful for us and allow us to park there. After all they wouldn't have any business in their towns if it wasn't for US big ugly loud semi's.

5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    read that everybody? You've got to figure out a way to make the people living in the cities happy and give them all the crap they want without occupying space on city highways. Good luck with that and let Menehune know that you're obeying his orders.

379exhd and volvodriver01 Thank this.
  6. Menehune

Jan 21, 2011
    Your the type of selfish, greedy person that I would like to see go to the market and find nothing on the shelves or go to the gas station and wonder why there isn't any gas for you to buy.[/QUOTE]

Your just upset cause my way you would have to learn to better plan your trip. Are you not a professional? This should be a breeze for you.

7. Menehune

Jan 21, 2011
    Thats fantastic. Finally seeing it my way.

8. HwyPrsnr

HwyPrsnr Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Anywhere, USA
    For me, its not obeying someone else. Its what u call taking pride in what u do. My drivers do the same. For example, they r building a new WalMart in my town. Now, I and others in my town r now making sure WalMart and the local PD enforce "No Extended Parking for Trucks or RVs". Homes r around it and a retirement community. WalMart was not there first. Its not going to be someones truckstop. In my 25 years, I have NEVER parked an extended period time where I shouldnt. I love what I do and believe in taking some pride in what I do by planning my day out. I even have a couple of neighbors who r the same way and I even allow them to park their trucks on my land. But, they r very considerate and dont jack things up. Image is important in this industry. Many dont want to believe it and refuse to live it. So, we as an industry get beat down with more regs put on us as our image slides downhill. Have a good day and be safe out there drivers.

9. truckermario

truckermario Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2006
    "Find a truck stop, rest area, or other approved parking area. If HOS is a problem then better regulate your HOS so you have time to Pick up or deliver and get out of town."

"Hello. Welcome to X. Back it in... Actually we have no docks. Let me get back to you." *X amount of time passes* "Okay back it in door Y." Okay I just came from delivering somewhere else earlier in the day. I'd appreciate a hasty loading process. "We'll see." *Forklift drivers putz around* "Okay you're loaded." I'm out of hours. "Hmm. We'll you're in BFE. Closest truck stop is 15 miles that way."

amtrack, 379exhd and MTownZ Thank this.
  10. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    oh really? You're exactly like the neighbors that had a problem with me parking a 40ft gooseneck trailer on the side of my house because you didn't want to look at it. Give me a break really regulate our HOS so we can pickup or deliever and get out of town? Start talking to the shippers and reciever that hold us up for hours upon hours. IF you DON'T like a truck parked there fine, how's about we just quit delievering to your city for a few months. And then when you have no food, gas, water, clothing, etc. we'll see if you don't want trucks parking there anymore or creating traffic hassels. As for the ugly comment. Maybe we don't wanna look at your little car that you drive maybe we think it's ugly. Think before you speak because without trucks AMERICA STOPS! Do a little research on that and rethink everything you've said!

truckermario and amtrack Thank this.
  11. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    In our town the truckers do use Walmart and so far I have never seen any undue mess left by them. We also have a small truckstop that was opened up more by the owner allowing quite a few truckers now to park, esp over the weekend. Even there it seems like the best must stay when they have to. The revenue may not be great generated off the truckers, but every little bit helps.

I do know they changed, on either side of town, the no jake brakes sign to no excessive engine noise.

The only thing I find wrong is that there are some who like to speed through town, esp when it is time for school to start or end, we do not have busing here and there are a lot of kids who drive in this area.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.