Another truck stop removes sit down restaurant

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by navypoppop, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    They want all fast food in their Travel Plazas so they can get you in and out and take your money. Thus, they can service the next customer. Get in, Give me your money, and get the hell out.

shogun Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Most folks do this to themselves. I like stopping at the 126 in Tennessee. A lot of our drivers who have plenty of time tell me "Nah I'll stop and grab something and keep rolling".
    #### that I want real food, and some time out of the coffin error I mean truck.

Coover Thanks this.
  4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I'm gonna be honest, many of these so-called "real restaurants with good food" are serving crap compared to years past, and the North Forty is one of them. They cut corners at their own peril. Those who want really good food, won't tolerate mediocre food. They'll eat Subway before they subject themselves to food that's been under the warmer for hours, made from institutional processed offerings. (processed food poured out of a can)

5. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Subway is better for than a Dennys. I wait for the day all major franchise truck stops put a Dennys in. Right now many loves, pilots, and jays have them. And even some kwik trips in Wisconsin area have dumb Dennys .

6. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    I havent seen many loves with Dennys that I can recall. Have you read about a lot of the foods that subway serves? Might change your mind. I personally wont eat subway.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  7. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I ate at the truck stop in Tallulah, La last week. It was Circa 1980s decor, and was mainly filled with locals and truckers. I was smelling good too, I shower every morning and I use Right Guard Fresh Scent deodorant, and my clothes are washed in All detergent. So I am not the problem:D

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  8. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    Every morning??? You must park way before dark? Is your avatar an kw925a or just the same hood?

9. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    It’s an early 80s A model if I remember correctly. I am home every day, I just run multi stop OTR type miles. I usually don’t have time to stop, thank you Elogs.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  10. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    I usually get their 8 oz steak and a salad. I have no idea what the rest of their food is like. Well on the off chance I break there, the western omelette is pretty good.

11. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    I love them old w 925a trucks. I can wish. movin-truck2.jpg

shogun Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.