Any body heard of this? Warranty work ?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by starmac, Apr 23, 2019.

1. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Immoral. lol I thought forcing the industry to go with all the emissions was what was immoral. lol

The guys have had way too much dpf trouble up here in the winter, the oil companies even quit buying diesel pickups on account of the emissions.
    Tow bills start at around 4 grand, up to 10, I don't think I will have too many bad thoughts about anyone that pays 180 grand for a truck, then has to do whatever it takes to make it go down the road.

TallJoe, Intothesunset and Cat sdp Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I reckon if they hadn't of passed them laws to force us to wear them, the human race would have been extinct by now.

dunchues, TallJoe and Intothesunset Thank this.
  4. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Wowser. Did I touch a nerve or what?ROFLMFAO You are free to leave the forum if you wish.

5. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
  6. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Hey. We screwed up a few things getting to where we are today. Poo happens. And some of us are trying to fix those engineering fiascos. Carry on guys.

7. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
  8. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Knock on wood, but so far a seatbelt has never had to save my life, and I bought my first moped 52 years ago, and have put as much as 29,000 miles on a bike in one year and a helmet has luckily never had to save me either, I sure could have used one on my butt one time though.

I did broad side a lady that pulled out in front of me once, I overheard the doctors in the emergency room talking about she had a classic seat belt injury. I kept in contact with her husband, she spent 2 months in intensive care. Just going by what I heard the doctors say, I took it this type of injury just might be fairly common, but I have never seen any statistics on seat belt injuries, I wonder why?

9. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Seatbelt injury sounds a lot better than crushed pelvis or full body trauma. Did you know that some people live when their parachutes fail? Who needs a parachute? Pretty much worthless if you ask me.

Seat Belt Injuries - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf
    They must be hiding it. In plain sight.

10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Who wants to leave town anyways?

11. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    No, they just copy US regulations and set them as a standard.
    One of our guys deleted his 2009 Kenworth. Some time later he took it to dealer for a safety and they said same thing, no work until emissions was back to original.
    But he just towed the truck out and went to his local mechanic.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.