Any companies out there willing to hire someone that can't climb into a trailer?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by OhioScott, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Sixela918

Sixela918 Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2021
    Phoenix, AZ
    BS?! Please explain what's BS about that statement.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Never even opened a trailer?

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Keep Post #38 in mind; might be a good option.

5. Sixela918

Nov 24, 2021
    Phoenix, AZ
    That's right! They were always sealed at both ends. Oh yeah I guess I should mention they were all roll up doors

6. rockeee

rockeee Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Kalama, Wa
    So....you dropped your loaded at the distribution center (I'm guessing) and picked up a loaded trailer?

7. Sixela918

Nov 24, 2021
    Phoenix, AZ
    Picked up preloaded trailer at DC, took it to store, swapped trailers and drove back to DC. No waiting to get loaded or unloaded. It was actually a great deal, just didn't pay enough per mile for me.

8. Terlingua

Terlingua Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    That's basically what I'm usually doing as well, but not Target, or Swift. I pick up a loaded roll-door reefer at the DC, the store live unloads, reloads with pallets, seals it, and I take it back to the DC.

9. OhioScott

OhioScott Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2022
    Well I can't seem to find a job as regent or sovereign so my options are limited. Actually I can do the job, I just need to keep going to the gym for a little while longer. I'm sure I could find someone who'd hire me but I'd rather meet this challenge and then go buy a ladder if I need one (like everybody else). With all the requirements of a truck driver I'd like to think there's more important abilities then needing a 12 inch step to get inside a trailer.

10. OhioScott

OhioScott Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2022
    The more I think about this, the more it makes sense. You could actually have 2 straps and pull up with both hands. I think it would actually safer than trying to pull with one hand and push off the deck with the other. And it won't take any space in the side box. And it's just a simple strap! It's not like I'm asking for a wheel chair lift. I just can't fathom why "The Safety Team" would have a problem with it. Thanks for the comment, a helper strap has a lot of merit!

stuckinthemud Thanks this.
  11. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    No.
    Move on.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.