Any Cryogenic Haulers?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Against The Wind, Dec 19, 2011.

1. jfred74

jfred74 Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Minnesota
    I have worked for Praxair for the last 8 months. I haul Liquid Nitrogen, Oxygen, and Argon. Work Thursday through Monday starting at 1300 and getting done between 0000 and 0300. I will gross somewhere between 90k to 100k after one year of service. Plenty of work. I try to volunteer on some of my days off for extra OT. As long as I am doing my job I don't get bothered. They do tend to micromanage as everything is done through an OBC. Also safety rules and policies are very strict. They take their safety record VERY seriously and will get rid of anyone who violates the rules/policies, has a major accident. Job isn't for everybody. Long days/nights, work over the weekends, work EVERY holiday. Fortunately it works for me and my family. We make the most out of the time we get to spend together. I plan on making it a career here for the next 25 years. Any questions, feel free to ask.

kruz1980, cisco and pathfinder1361 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pathfinder1361

pathfinder1361 Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2011
    miami, fl
    thanks. is the pay strictly per hour? or some combination of hourly, mileage, etc.? how much $$ per hour/mile?

does your location have difficulty finding suitable applicants? (experience, driving record, etc.)

i am guessing e-log, on-board recorders. camera's on the unit?

congrats on landing a top notch job! :biggrin_25514:

in the 1990's i worked in a hazarous waste facility in new jersey, and
    we had praxair deliveries about every other day. nitrogen and oxygen.

4. jfred74

Aug 13, 2009
    Minnesota
    We are a combination of hourly/mileage. We are having a harder time getting drivers. We have about 5 openings. Not enough qualified drivers, and a lot of people don't want to work the hours we do.

kruz1980 and pathfinder1361 Thank this.
  5. jfred74

Aug 13, 2009
    Minnesota
    Oh and no cameras on the OBC...........yet.

pathfinder1361 Thanks this.
  6. bulletproof77

bulletproof77 Medium Load Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Victorville, CA
    You must haul helium out of Otis...KS. ? I'm at #467, probably met you.

7. cc tanker

cc tanker Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Ohio
    when I started at Linde (AGA) I had to team in a Fliner fld112 with a 40'' flat top...this sucked bad.... I though t I had it rough till a pal of mine told me stories of teaming at Sentinal (DuPont) in cabover astros that ran 55 mph and running from WV to CA then finish their hours off running Deepwater NJ...that musta realy sucked...maybe I didnt have it as bad as I thought...running team is not the way I want to spend my life, but the money was unlimited...( not saying I would never run team again but I have grown very fond of staying in Holiday Inns every night)

pathfinder1361 Thanks this.
  8. pucknuts

pucknuts Bobtail Member

hi brother. i have been with praxair for 14 years and you speak the truth . great place to work IF you can follow the rules . we have an excellent safety record for a reason , we all have to follow their standard operating procedures and nobody gets hurt .

9. cjfam2003

cjfam2003 Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Does anyone know about Hercules transport. I'm looking to apply with the Mount Belvieu, Tx terminal.

10. king Q

king Q Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Johannesburg sa
    I have very little experience in this except moving ISO containers with Argon from place to place in Africa.
    I'm thinking of setting up a small business where the big suppliers have left gaps.
    I will still use ISO containers but will have to buy a transfer pump.
    Mainly carbon dioxide but the more versatile the better.

What make do you guys suggest and why?
    Looking for reliability and durability with speed being of lesser importance.

11. fuzzeymateo

fuzzeymateo Heavy Load Member

May 20, 2013
    AZ
    It's actually Air Liquide that has that account now, I've delivered there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.