Any current Moore drivers on here ?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Tall Mike, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    A new bumper, she'll be good as new!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MagnumaMoose

MagnumaMoose Lost or Missing

Jan 18, 2018
    Bob ? Throw me a rope will ya ? This stupid thing either doesn't have 4 wheel drive or it's not working right. I'm just spinning my wheels over here. Can't get no traction at all !

4. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    And running boards! Look real close at the headrack.

Tall Mike, MagnumaMoose and Tropsnart Thank this.
  5. MagnumaMoose

MagnumaMoose Lost or Missing

Jan 18, 2018
    Nobody's said it yet, so here goes .... That'll buff right out.

interpreter, BigBob410 and Tropsnart Thank this.
  6. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I am not sure where this picture was taken, but I am guessing Ky or Wv.
    I used to travel in Eastern Ky weekly. I think it was near Pineville. The school buses had CB radios to communicate with the coal buckets and other trucks. There was only enough room for one vehicle at a time in the curves. Years later the state posted that anything over a 28 ft trailer was forbidden after a truck and bus collision. I have been to 2 dealers in West Virginia that the only way in and out was on a road very similar to this one.

Tall Mike, BigBob410 and MagnumaMoose Thank this.
  7. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Bad part about this pick is that it can happen to any one of us, no matter how careful we are. One foot slip and now we are on the internet. I loaded a Ford Police Taurus a few years back on the head rack. I started hitting the brakes about the transition point from trailer to tractor. The brakes finally kicked in about the end of the head rack. I just knew I was going off the top.

interpreter, Tall Mike, LBZ and 2 others Thank this.
  8. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    Oh it absolutely can!! I've had one or 2 close calls rushing around! That's why I posted the pic with no comment. Not knowing what happened I keep my comments to myself. This same thing happened to a very experienced car hauler I worked with back in '99. He had the truck in 4low and the truck lurched at the top. To make matters worse he had a dually parked in front of his truck.

Tall Mike, LBZ, Banker and 1 other person Thank this.
  9. Rylan

Rylan Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2015
    No losses it's only a pos Ford it should go to the junkyard where it belongs

skinnytrucker Thanks this.
  10. LBZ

LBZ Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Road to Nowhere
    Have never loaded a stinger, so loading that number 1 spot am sure is interesting. However a few years ago was backing a car down in the belly(7 car trailer) & that is where I learned that boots with a hard center piece of plastic in the center suck. They were hiking boots & were great up until the point you are leaning out the window looking behind the car & your foot slips off of the brake pedal. :mad:

11. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.