ANY driver for a good paying job...

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by M.Enterprises, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranger309

Ranger309 Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Not saying you are not correct, but where did you get these facts?

Yeah, 49 years, that makes sense. Don't know of too many drivers who go past the 50 year mark myself. If the trucking itself doesn't ruin your back something usually goes bad by the time the 50 year mark is up.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. M.Enterprises

M.Enterprises Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Hahaha New World Order. DAC is not legally binding. I could post that my driver drove my truck off a cliff without providing a shred of evidence. So, DAC needs to line up with facts if any company wants to use it as a reason to turn down an employee. I don't know why DAC hold so much water. The system is broken, and I think many great employees are treated unfairly because of that system. The large corporations have no idea what they are missing out on, and that is part of what keeps small companies competitive. Anyone that has a 14 year old DUI knocked off their record, who is also showing that it happened on their DAC, can probably reason with a smaller company owner. I know Swift and CR England are huge and all, but I don't think they are the ones most people want to drive for, anyways.

Case in point: your DUI will probably be a hurdle to employment with many smaller companies, but at least not be a brick wall.

4. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

This is what the CA DMV told my husband when he was going through the process to get a DUI removed from his record. They removed one, and had he wanted to wait another 4 months, he could have removed them both from his record completely. There was a special department that he worked through, and you had to know about it because they weren't offering up that info.

5. M.Enterprises

M.Enterprises Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Hmmm... 49 years? Based on your above explaination, I am calling BS. I wasn't even calling BS when you said 49 years.:biggrin_25526:

6. Maddog71

Maddog71 Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Anywhere USA
    DAC is for the birds! Thats all these big companys go by these days one accident and you are untouchable!

7. Lagornai

Lagornai Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2009
    muscatine, iowa
    Hey Mr. M,

Need a job. I have a class a with d/t, tankers and hazmat. Good driving record but I have a Mis. possesion of marijuana in 01/2002. Seems to be keeping from a job. Oh and I dont have any recent exp.

8. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    I think it's more the lack of recent experience. Most companies don't even require misdemeanors to be listed.

9. Larz

Larz Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    Hey M. PM sent...

10. rusty nail

rusty nail Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2009
    columbia s.c.
    hello rusty nail here ready 2 work not play excellant drvr/recd. live n s.c. call 803 860 4357 can start immediatley

11. otr47

otr47 Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2008
    fairfield ohio
    where do i sign up?.
    i am single and dont really care much about hometime.
    maybe once every two months i take a few days off.
    i have 3yrs over the road exp in dry van and reefer.
    my cell is..
    615-445-6901.
    call me anytime.
    luis.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.