any drivers in Hawaii making 70k

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by alohaspirit, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
  3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Hawaii has some real struggles and real problems they are going to have to deal with as these get exponentially worse in the foreseeable future. Not sure what kind of future there is for any Hawaii residents. This story highlights part of their problem

What's wrong with very low unemployment? Hawaii knows

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    There are jobs to be had there, but you may have to live in a tent on the side of a road somewhere when not at work, and if you do manage to find a place to rent, it will probably eat 75% of your wages. It's crazy and requires one to have some sort of pre-existing family there to share housing with to make living and working there feasible

Truck Driver Jobs, Employment in Hawaii | Indeed.com

5. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Like Matt Foley said "living on government cheese in a van down by the river"..lol

6. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    12 dollar an hour jobs and 750,000 dollar
    Homes don't match.
    A trucker driver is dirt poor in Hawaii.

7. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    One of the major pros to trucking in Hawaii is that it is still regulated, you don’t have to worry about the market becoming saturated with trucks.

8. Sumtinlidat

Sumtinlidat Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2017
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Truth about trucking on Hawaii is it’s not the best paying job. My family owns one of the biggest heavy haul and dirt hauling fleet. We have trucks on all islands and the pay is roughly 20$ to 25$ an hour. We experience a decent amount along rain each year so dirt work is off and on. I know guys that do delivery and local work making 16-18$. But the hard part is the cost of living. Diesel at 4$+ a gallon. Registration and insurance is high. That’s why I moved to Nevada to run trucks here outta Vegas and Oregon.

Traffic is also a mess. An infrastructure that was created for the 80s in 2018. With it getting worst by the day.

9. Sumtinlidat

Sumtinlidat Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2017
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Its also a “not who you know, but who knows you!” Kinda state. Especially for the higher paying trucking jobs like.... ready mix, asphalt and dirt/lowbed

10. dancecanyon

dancecanyon Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2015
    My concern would be about how to check out the carrier—would they be ok to work for or could I expect to be shafted for pay/left on the side of the road, etc?

I figured that it would be priced out of range to hope to work and retire as a trucker out there but I figure that a couple of years with some work and enjoying the great outdoors to help pay for that would be enough for me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.