Any dump truck owner operators from california pls post your opinions

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Dera209, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Dera209

Dera209 Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2021
    Whats the inside scoop of owning a mega dump or a transfer dump truck cause these are the most commonly used equipments at job sites. How many months do u stay busy? Are u attached with a broker or directly with plants? How are the insurance rates? I've done local dry vans with amazon relay, walking floors for landscaping companies and also dump trucking hauling all sorts of aggregates, all as a company driver. I feel like dump trucking has much less headaches compared to dry vans plus we stay within 100 mile radius. Do dump trucks get paid hourly or by the load or it depends which contractor we work for? Is it worth it to have your own dump truck ? Thanks in advance .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Navigatorpirate

Navigatorpirate Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2021
    Orange County
    Hi. Did you get luck with dump truck o/o contracts? I’m looking for opportunity to switch from OTR to dump trucks.

4. Dera209

Dera209 Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2021
    Since I got my truck I've been working with the same company that I was a company driver for and they have been keeping me busy. I know I should be searching for my own contracts but I've noticed, for that I need to own more than one truck. You should look for brokers in your area that have their fleet of dump trucks and sign up with them and sign up with as many as you can.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.