Any Feed haulers?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by wackyncrazy, Jul 27, 2008.

1. wackyncrazy

wackyncrazy Bobtail Member

May 20, 2007
    Nebraska
    Hey just wanting to know if there is any feed houlers on here? I haul feed for a company here in Nebraska I Love the challange of hauling 90000+ pounds down muddy crappy road and tring not to get stuck. What do you think about you job.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Skutt

Skutt Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Lake City, Florida
    I have been hauling bulk feed down here in Florida for the past three years. I think I will stick to it when I move back out west if I can. I come from Oregon and was hauling logs for the past ten years before moving to this rat hole of a state (Florida, I hate it here) and we will be moving back west sometime in the next year.

We recently were taken over by Ruan Trucking and I like the company so far. They pay us good and with a good benefits package. I like hauling feed because of being home every night and like you said there is a little more of a challenge to it like what I used to do in Oregon.

We just got our new trucks this week, I haven't put any miles on mine yet but I think tomorrow should be the day.

4. fullthrotle

fullthrotle Bobtail Member

May 10, 2007
    used to work for tom snell out of ellinwood ks,liked it alot they were always honest and got home home alot.treat everyone i know of well just didnt pay much and had to leave.i think they got bought out by titan or someone out of co.may be it was tristate commodities

5. Steelaworkn

Steelaworkn Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Pacific Northwest
    My dad hauls ag products in Kansas. He is an OO with his own grain trailer. He says he's doing pretty good and harvest in the central states is awesome.
    He hauls different types of grain, salt, some soybean. Lots of work for OO there especially if you hook onto a good broker.

6. Dr. Venture

Dr. Venture Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Ithaca, NY
    Easy dude. If you don't like it, best get to gettin'. Nobody keeping you in the Sunshine State. :biggrin_25525:

7. Skutt

Skutt Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Lake City, Florida

Oh I am leaving, just gotta get all my ducks in a row, you know how it is.

8. Dr. Venture

Dr. Venture Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Ithaca, NY
    I hear ya brother. I'd probably hate it too if I hadn't grown up here. Florida certainly isn't for everybody.

9. Skutt

Skutt Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Lake City, Florida
    Talking about leaving Florida. Now I have a job waiting for me in Oregon with the same company that took over our haul here in Florida. I like the company so this is perfect. I will still be hauling feed in Oregon and feel that with the economy in turmoil as it is the feed haul will be more secure than many other things. I will be heading back in Feb 09. My son and son in law will be flying here and we will make the trip together, see if we can find some trouble to get into on the way. I hate to be too negative about anyones beloved home but for me Florida just simply sucks. I spent three years trying to give it a chance but it's a no go for me. I have met some good people down here but there is nothing else for me here.

10. kw900driver

kw900driver Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Sarver, PA
    Steelaworkn,
    Your dad wouldnt happen to know any brokers that would hire on a O/O with own grain trailer would ya? I am moving out to illinois and didnt know if your dad knew any decent sized brokers at all!

11. rwings

rwings <strong>"Jet Force"</strong>

Sep 7, 2006
    Portales, NM
    I haul liquid feed in a tanker, whey, molasses and syrup from an ethanol plant.
    When the weather is good I cant think of a better job but being stuck in the mud makes for a long day. And no matter how icy the roads are "the cows still have to eat."
    :biggrin_25519:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.