Any good O/O companies left?

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by hrdman2luv, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrdman2luv

hrdman2luv Medium Load Member

Dec 24, 2006
    100% Texan til I die.
    I"m looking for a good, preferable small O/O company to lease onto. I have an older truck, it's an 01. But it's about 90% new if you know what I mean.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bamanation

bamanation Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Muscle Shoals ,AL
    R.E Garrison Cullman Al. You can google them. West Coast is what they do.

4. MYTransCORPORATION

MYTransCORPORATION Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Tampa,FL
    we are small transportation company if you still looking for one , give me a call on my direct line 727 776 5991.

you can check out our website www.mytranscorporation.com

Marin Yonkov

5. wildbill123

wildbill123 Heavy Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    SE,MI
    What area of the country are you looking to run ? And is your home base Texas ?
    Do you have your own trailer ? Dry van or Refrigerated, Flat ?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  6. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

That link took me to a very strange page....anyone else experience that?

7. hrdman2luv

Dec 24, 2006
    100% Texan til I die.
    I wished I'd have looked around a little more. I've signed on with Risinger....I don't know if I'm gonna be able to run with a qual com tracking me 24/7. The whole idea just bugs me now that I'm signed on.

I don't know. Maybe it will work out. Maybe it won't. Who knows.

8. DIESEL WEASEL

DIESEL WEASEL Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Risinger Brothers is a big mistake!!! Just like a fleet manager put it to me: "...Our main concern is the small fleet owner, the single owner operator, gets whatever is left...."
    And they will prove that to you everyday by asking you run local loads # 26.00 per hour, run 100 miles here and a 100 miles there, asking you for favors until you're blue in the face.
    My best week there was 2600 miles and I had to fight for it. 90% of the loads are over 43k pounds, mainly paper and recycled trash that you pick up at different dumps.
    The loads to Texas are all reserved. I couldn't buy a load to Texas.
    They love to keep you in the Chicago area, running and burning $3.36 + per gallon fuel. They offer a small fuel discount. THe last settlement I received, my avg was around 3.22 after their so called discount.
    I've already moved on before I went broke with them...It's like this, if you like burning you expensive drive and steer tires pulling 43k+ constantly, if you like to run local # 26.00 per hour, if you like to run 100 miles here and there until they can find you a better load, if you like to kiss your fleet manager's ###, so you can get a good load (600 miles avg), then go on and sign on with Risinger.

9. hrdman2luv

Dec 24, 2006
    100% Texan til I die.

Ive been with them for a little over a week now, and so far, it hasn't been too bad.. My logs aren't even close. But I'm working on that. As far as the short stuff, I guess you got a bad dispatcher, cause mine hasn't ran me anything under 500 miles. Most have been at least 1,000 runs.. But I expected that cause they don't go west of easterne nebraska... And even the Nebraska few and far between.
    And so far, out of 5 loads ive pulled, 4 of them have been drop and hook.
    And the fuel average your talking about... I think youve been fueling at the wrong places. They don't get discounts at every place that takes the comdata card. Pilot is where you get your biggest discounts.
    For example, I fueled up at the Pilot yesterday in Charleston Mo. the pump price was $3.08. I paid $2.669. That's .42 CPG off, which saved me over $100 on 272 gallons.

10. Tami Cole

Tami Cole Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Yankton,South Dakota
    I need more information on you driving exp. in order to help you find a small O/O company to work for

11. hrdman2luv

Dec 24, 2006
    100% Texan til I die.
    10 years driving. No accidents.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.