Any Info about Heartland Express??

Discussion in 'Heartland' started by EaglesWay, Jan 5, 2007.

1. highwaybum

highwaybum Bobtail Member

May 15, 2008
    Donnellson,il
    yep,worked at heartless for three yrs.FM,s got pretty bad attitude.I will never go back to any big company.back with o/o i started out with .I am much happier now.get away from heartland xpress.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. highwaybum

highwaybum Bobtail Member

May 15, 2008
    Donnellson,il
    Everything negative people write about Heartland Express in this forum is true. stay away.you have been warned!

Dapperdann and dth3545 Thank this.
  4. Wanderer1

Wanderer1 Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Ask your daughter
    How about some current (company driver) info on Heartland,I've been checking out the "Jacksonville" home weekends deal? Who is their big shipper there? Any current or recent drivers for them here?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  5. indianatrukr

indianatrukr Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Westville,IN
    Jax drivers didnt used to get many miles.and when i run on their board they had a lot of heavy loads of water.most never left the state.oh wait you should know heartland is good about getting you 1000 miles from home and then have you run circles.

6. indianatrukr

indianatrukr Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Westville,IN
    if you want to make money HTLD pays,but you got to put up with some screwy stuff from them.Dont expect 3000 miles a week be glad you get your1800-2100.

7. Wanderer1

Sep 3, 2008
    Ask your daughter
    What I'am mainly looking for is to be home as often as possible,I've been running local last few years,now laid off. OTR seems to be the only option for me at present. No local companys (worth 2 cents) hiring around here. Heartlands website shows Jacksonville,Fl regional getting home every weekend and sometimes thru the week. Don't have many bills right now,so if I could clear $400 a week,that would work untill I find something better.

8. Wanderer1

Sep 3, 2008
    Ask your daughter
    I was hired by Heartland today,start goofy oreintation next week as a regional company driver. I'll be back posting here and let you guys know how they are. Wish me luck. :banghead:

9. vino

vino Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Abita Springs, Louisiana
    A lot of Heartlands freight out of JAX is Sears. You'll run a lot of nights, with 300 mile or less runs.

Baack Thanks this.
  10. Emoney

Emoney Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Berwick pa
    anyone with insight what life is like for a driver livin in ne pa who will b dispatched out of carlisle with this company as regional non hazmat driver looking to be home wknds and make money

ParkRanger Thanks this.
  11. Wanderer1

Sep 3, 2008
    Ask your daughter
    My late update on Heartless express: I gave it a shot,and they just plain suck! Where do I start? HTLD does pay an ok mileage rate but,haul alot of retail crap (Sears,K-mart,Wal-Mart),so you'll run 100 -400 miles then make 2 stops (live unload 2 stops = 6 to 12 hours with no pay to you). There are NO regional drivers anymore,everyone stays out two weeks,then home two days. Recruiters will not tell you that part. Good luck getting layover pay (Heartland cares money,drivers say Heartland doesn't care). Good luck getting detention,I never did,HTLD says you must be docked at least 8 hours per stop before they pay you. They do pay for lumpers when needed. A lot of the stores you go to are very tight also. Have to fuel at their terminals (when they have fuel),of course this means you shower at the terminals too. Heartless express does clean them once per day!,no way the dispatch/shop people would use them if you payed them.
    On and on we go,towards the end,some p.o.ed drivers destoryed showers at 3 terminals,and also busted windows out in the Jacksonville office and shop. No one is happy at Heartless,the drivers will rarely wave when they pass you,and I even had one driver flip me off as I passed him on the road. All yeah,don't idle the trucks unless its colder than 20 or hotter than 77,HTLD will not install Gen units on the trucks either.
    I grossed between $300 to $900 a week running apx 800 to 2200 miles per week,with 1300 being the average. STAY AWAY!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
    Dapperdann and Baack Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.