Any Info about Heartland Express??

Discussion in 'Heartland' started by EaglesWay, Jan 5, 2007.

1. indianatrukr

indianatrukr Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Westville,IN
    wanderer1 you got it exactly the way it was when i left in 07 and it hasnt changed.except for no more regional being the newest.when they wouldnt work with me to get home for custody of my sons i told them i was leaving with a notice they started saying things like my logs only matched the qualcomm 80%, but when they had those hot loads of fedex or sears or something someone else dropped the ball on they didnt remember that.if you dont want to do fedex dont have a hazmat on your license.
    heartless will be great for some and they,ll always love it.
    the only difference between swift and heartless is they dont train newbies.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Catsladyfish

Catsladyfish Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Darien, GA
    Well...

My husband works for Heartland and yes, some of the BS is true but then again a lot of it is personal experience. He had issues with his Dispatcher but after they got to know each other things are better. The Qualcomm does NOT have a personality...basically you have to think of it as a brick and NOT throw it out the window. The way you read the Qualcomm messages depends on your mood at the moment. If it's crappy then you're going to think they're being a smart ##### and if you're in a good mood you may think that they're joking. Oh and it's a two-way street on that one! Once March 1st comes around I can ride with him all the time and so hometime won't be as much of an issue. Mileage? It sucks, but the economy is in the toilet and so we are finding ways to cut expenses in order to make up for the loss of revenue. But then again, we have our finances under control and are still able to buy a 34 ft yacht CHEAP due to the economy. And on top of that I'm a housewife!! My husband controls what he spends on the road and I control what I spend at home.

Bottom line? Everyone has a complaint about their job/company whether it's mileage, hometime or the attitudes of their dispatchers. The thing we have to keep in mind is everyone is affected by this terrible economy. We're all going to have to weather through it and do the best job we can, at home AND at work. :biggrin_25525:

jerryy123 Thanks this.
  4. highwaybum

highwaybum Bobtail Member

May 15, 2008
    Donnellson,il
    stay away from heartless,careless. no bs there just work there long enuff.u,ll b looking for something else

5. lterry0925

lterry0925 Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2009
    I am looking for any drivers that think they have been wrongfully terminated from Heartland Express in the last 6 months. I am planning on filing litigation against the company and am looking for anyone else that would like to join in. lterry0925 yahoo com

jerryy123 Thanks this.
  6. Wheat Light

Wheat Light Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Salem, IL
    What do you consider wrongfully terminated? Your contract you signed with them before you started work states you or they can terminate your employment contract with or without cause at any time, with no notice. Basically, if they decide to fire you, they don't have to have a reason, or give you warning.

I don't work there anymore so I'm not sticking up for Heartland or their policies, but you can't sue someone for firing you. Get over it and move on. They have been around long enough (and have enough money) that your lawsuit will never move out of the motion process. Their lawyers will tear you up.

7. indianatrukr

indianatrukr Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Westville,IN
    I can say from years of being around alot has to do with the state you live in IF it would be worth your while.
    I also am not going to defend them or their actions .now if you forgot to dot an i or cross a t they could say falsification of application,no case.if it was a failed random drug test this depends on your state and how good your attorney is.(they aint cheap).if its a log book and/or qualcom issue you might beat it after years and years of appeals.so personally I would move on even if its something that will hinder your employment somewhere else as a driver.if its a failed random other companies look back 7-10 years on that.
    good luck.

8. dth3545

dth3545 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2010
    that is right , i faxed them my resignation from the truck then cleaned out the truck and turned it in and five months later i find out they put on my dac they fired me, from another employer, and i still have that resignation fax after all these years, these people can be pretty ruthless.

9. tonymann1800

tonymann1800 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Sanford Fl
    Does anyone know about Heartlands Richmond VA operation?

10. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    They are in Chester. It is a branch of their Northeast region.
    That is about all I know. The maintenance director is a good guy at that terminal. I like him allot.
    Beyond that I do not have any idea how the miles are or anything. Should be about par with OH region on miles, which is 2200 a week on average. I believe the pay for regional may be slightly higher at Chester than in OH though, since it is NE region.
    Sorry I cannot help much.
    Go by the chester terminal some time and ask some drivers. Most of us are fairly open. It is down off of Ware Bottom Spring road.

11. Taino

Taino Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Central, FL
    Just started with them and it seems okay thus far. One thing that sucks is the idling policy.. Rig will stay off between 52 - 72 temp. So your either going to sweat or get cold. Also I got home Friday afternoon and I gotta leave before Sunday sunrise. Wheres the 2 days off in that?

Not sure if this was a right move for me. I guess only time will tell.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.