Any Info about Heartland Express??

Discussion in 'Heartland' started by EaglesWay, Jan 5, 2007.

1. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Lake Alfred, Florida
    Taino, how much experience did you have before Heartland?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Taino

Taino Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Central, FL
    Been driving since 12/01/09... Plus I have all my endorsements.. Why whats up?

4. Snakeman 02

Snakeman 02 Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Netcong,NJ
    Hi i got out of truck driving school. i like to know if heartland hires Students if not please tell me what company good to start with.becuse i Like to drive team.

5. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Nope, they will not hire students. 1 year min OTR.

Unless you are married and running with your wife, I have no idea why you would want to run team. You will not make as much money team as solo.
    Company's pay teams split pay. It may be .34 cpm to start (if you can find that much) and you each get .17 cpm for all miles the truck runs.
    Solo you can and in many cases will run 2500-3200 miles per week. Team you will be lucky at many company's to get 5800 miles per week.
    Plus being in a truck with someone for more than a few weeks would drive me nuts.
    Tried it with my cousin back in 1991. I hated him in less than a month.

Snakeman 02 Thanks this.
  6. Taino

Taino Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Central, FL
    ChromeDome is correct. You DONT want to team if it is with your wife or lover.!! After about a week or so you would want to vic the air that there breathing.. I trained with my trainer for about 4.5wks and I would to choke him out..

Solo is the best way to go. I would give PAM a call and see if they will hire you. If not theirs several other company's who hire grads. You just to get start pushing the buttons on the phone.

7. Southern Star

Southern Star Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Ocean Isle Beach, NC
    Everyone?

Goldman Sachs - Too Big to Jail.

8. snowbank

snowbank Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2011
    you CANT idle(even if you want to) between 55-76 degrees,truck shuts off after 5 min. If you idle in the cold or hot that counts aginst you and they slow the truck down from 64 to 62 to 60mph depending on your idle %. They force you to run all night and the sleep during the day and then dont want you to idle...
    It is true they will sit you, there is NO compensation.
    Also, no power inverters of any kind... Grounds for immediate termination.
    In Addition, they wont let you run I80 through Ohio and Indiana. I ran Buffalo NY to Chicago alot and it sucks when you have to take 300 miles of back roads, and small town speed traps just to avoid the toll. My avg speed on that run was 33mph...
    The "old man" retired and the son took over, in my opinion, he will destroy that company by running off all his good drivers by treating them like dirt.

greenllll Thanks this.
  9. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    Okay what's this about the power inverters? I don't use a TV or appliances. Just my laptop.

There isn't actually a rule like that on the cigarette socket inverters is there? Or would I be forced to buy a cigarette socket adapter for my laptop.

10. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    You would have to get the adapter. No inverters. An idiot burned a truck up with a plug in one, which is why we cannot have them now.

I run erie to Chicago allot. I just go up and around though on 94, after Toledo. I-90 to Rt. 2, to Toledo. Then 24 up to 94. It is longer, but just as fast, and safer. Never been told not too lol.
    Though I would rather take the toll and not loose an hour to an hour and a half.

Idle I have no issue with. I do not like to idle, so I only do so when I really need too. Lifetime idle on this truck is down to 21%. And the trip has never been reset, so has 300k miles on trip. So I would have to idle ALLOT to slow it down.
    I cannot deal with HOT. Cold is not really an issue. So I use my idle in summer.

11. pmurcyard

pmurcyard Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2011
    So you work at heartland?? Ive been driving 8 years and thinking about going back over the road (been driving local) Im good to go at heartland but having second thoughts...
    Is it true you have to leave your truck at a terminal for hometime??
    Do the trucks have a refridgerator? or can you put one in without violating policy??
    I'm also not worried about idling unless its HOT!
    and about the inverters... all i need is a laptop and a fridge to save food money.
    Im just looking for the information the recruiter wont share with me. I dont like surprises. Especially when Im already taking less pay and hometime.
    any info will help, but I already know nobody was getting freight in the last few years and if you start driving in september then dont expect many miles. I used to drive for werner and NFI back in 2003-2004

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.