Any Info on Batesville Casket Company?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Mack185, May 17, 2023.

1. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    With funeral costs being quite excessive I've read most turn to cremation. This could be a dead end job. Plus they have competition.

201 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    How good is the money if you don’t mind me asking?

4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    My cousin told me that a guy at his church bought a coffin on Amazon to save some money. Had it delivered to a local funeral home. The place didn't like it but they had to use it.

TheLoadOut Thanks this.
  5. cman87

cman87 Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2016
    JM Swank is a company you might want to look into. I think they're in greenwood. Private fleet food ingredient distribution company owned by brenntag

6. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I actually spoke with Swank last year. It wasn’t a bad deal, it was one of those regional job that paid hourly instead of mileage. I’d go in a heartbeat if they would get Brenntag’s 401k, it’s fantastic. I’ve worked for Brenntag in the past.

cman87 Thanks this.
  7. FLHT

FLHT Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Depends where you end upon seniority board.

8. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Many, MANY moons ago, I applied at a Batesville Casket in Milwaukee. This was before my trucking shenanigans, mid 70s, for a straight truck driver. I thought I had it in the bag, when the guy asked me to do a lie detector test. Way before drug tests. I said, sure, why not? Turns out, I FAILED the lie detector test and didn't get the job. No biggie, their loss, I figured, hopped in a semi, and the rest is history, WITHOUT stupid Batesville Casket. I never went back, but I always wondered what triggered the failure. I was a good boy, I think the boss had a nephew that needed a job,,
    Far as a dead end job, that may be more true than we think. A neighbor takes her pastor to funerals, and noticed, he hadn't called her in a while. She said, he said nobody is doing funerals and caskets anymore. The cost is too much and has me thinking of "final expense" schtick so my kids aren't burdened with that. My religion forbids cremation, so something to think of.

9. Knightcrawler

Knightcrawler Heavy Load Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Mpls, Mn oops Ocala, Fl.
    Had a friend that worked there. He loved it. Dont remember why he left.

10. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    You know there is a good possibility you didn't fail per say. There is a reason they aren't used in employment any more. Polygraphs are unreliable at best. Even the inventor basically admitted it years later.

Employers aside, I would never take one for law enforcement. Simple reasoning really. I would have nothing to gain and everything to lose and cops would have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.