Any Jade trucking O/O's?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Tibs pete, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Tibs pete

Tibs pete Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2020
    Saskatoon sk
    Looking to stop hauling btrains and get into something else.
    Talked to a few company drivers at Jade trucking and they seem really happy but I really want some input from the O/O at the company.
    Any one on the forum run for Jade?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Snow Monster

Snow Monster Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2019
    Why don't you just go to their yard and have a talk with them, have a look around and get a feel for the place?

Ask what they pay, how many miles you can expect, what the perks are and etc.
    I'm guessing you might use their wash bay, if not free then for a reasonable rate, maybe have access to their shop and mechanics for repairs.

No obligation on your part to sign up, nothing to worry about.
    Their equipment is great, (pretty too), the drivers are happy, you would think the OO's would also be happy.

Never worked there, but I've been to their terminal and spoke with many of the staff and wandered around the place, also known one of the partners for over 40 years and it seems to be a friendly and relatively casual place as trucking companies go.

Worst case, you give up a half hour of your time and get some answers and a free cup of coffee.

4. Tibs pete

Tibs pete Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2020
    Saskatoon sk
    Two problems are they're office is 9 1/2 hours from where i live so I'd be out a few hundred in fuel. 2 most companies wont tell you everything if they tell you the truth at all.

Most company guys at my current company are happy as well, usually it doesnt correlate to the owner ops as well.

BigHossVolvo Thanks this.
  5. Snow Monster

Snow Monster Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2019
    Reason I responded was, I don't think you'll get anyone from Jade responding.

Talking with OO's is fine, but you'll get differing opinions from different people concerning every trucking company, and if you know truckers like I know truckers, you know that half of them are whiners, complainers, self proclaimed victims and are full of shee-at.

Being the nice guy I am, I did your research for you and the only negative thing you will find about Jade on the internet is a disgruntled woman who thinks she was treated wrongly because the company has a no pet policy for their company trucks.

So you're 10 hours away, what's the big deal, phone doesn't work outside of province?
    Jump a plane to Wpg and rent a car for a day, check out all the companies.
    Throw the wife and kids in the car and take a 3 day vacation.
    Hitch a ride with a trucker buddy, run double.
    Better you see the companies close up than imagine them before you sign up o the word of a guy you met on the interweb.

If I were an OO today and was looking for work, Jade would be one of the first places I would apply, because from my personal observations everybody that works there appears to be happy and content.
    That....., plus I know the character of the boss, it's not in his nature to tell lies or tolerate lies.

You said you're tired of pulling B's, which I can understand, but
    here's a few others that I would consider talking to if I were looking, B train or not.

(in MB)
    Mark Brandt
    Len Dubois
    Penner International
    EBD

(in SK)
    Kentrax

If you're from Ontario, SK might be a stretch.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  6. imnuts

imnuts Light Load Member

May 4, 2012
    Sask, Canada

Kenny (Kentrax) isn't taking anymore OO’s....but he is looking for company drivers. And to be honest you're better off being a company driver with him.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.