any miller transporters drivers in here

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by amsn, Jun 19, 2009.

1. tobie town trucker

tobie town trucker Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Mississippi
    Cincinnati is all O/O. Most of their work is dedicated and they have a low turnover rate at that terminal

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tobie town trucker

Jan 12, 2011
    Mississippi
    I left Miller a year ago and they had just changed terminal managers in Beaumont. Most people are creatures of habit and didn't like the change. So they lost some O/Os out of there. I do know that they haul a lot of acid dedicated out of that terminal

4. topcat1984

topcat1984 Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2011
    jasper tx
    Thanks tobie town trucker. Man I am really thinking about doing the lease purchase program over there at miller. Can you tell me sum of the good the bad and the ugly about them?

5. tobie town trucker

Jan 12, 2011
    Mississippi
    Running out of any terminal other than Memphis, Mobile, ElDorado, or St. Louis will be an automatic advantage. Miller's company drivers are teamsters and have first dispatch out of their home terminal. Once out in the system, they are treated as any other driver and first in first out dispatch. Always remember that you're an o/o and can't be forced dispatched. Sometimes they'll try to stick you with some BS cheap load, but you have the final say on what you will and won't haul. Don't be afraid to stand your ground. With that being said, sometimes you need to give a little to get a little. I would haul a cheaper load as a favor to get a great load next. when I started at miller, we got choices at our home terminal and in the system. I left after 3 years when they decided to not offer choices in the system. If I make it or break it, I have to know it was my decision on every load, but that's just me.

6. topcat1984

Jun 23, 2011
    jasper tx
    So they let a computer pick your loads for you? Did you lease a truck from them? Did you ever get it payed off?

7. tobie town trucker

Jan 12, 2011
    Mississippi
    They let central dispatch, located at their headquarters in Jackson, MS, chose your loads once you leave your home terminal. I did lease purchase a truck from them and I paid it off. Miller when even let you borrow money to repair your truck. They all in all are a good company. I ran out of Memphis and 190k was the lowest grossing year I had out of 3. If you have the drive, determination, and a business mind, you should have no problem being successful at Miller.

8. topcat1984

Jun 23, 2011
    jasper tx
    Thanks for that info. I feel a lot better now about going over there. I have been driving for 10 yrs now and just wanted to find some where that I could do a lease purchase at. I am going to give them a try.

9. topcat1984

Jun 23, 2011
    jasper tx
    Well for someone who need driver still w ant to be very picky About who they hire

10. whisky

whisky Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2009
    florence,ky
    What do you mean picky?

11. topcat1984

Jun 23, 2011
    jasper tx
    You can only have 1 to 3 jobs in the last 5 years. If you have more they will not hire you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.