Any mortgage companies that understand per diem

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Rparsons, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Rparsons

Rparsons Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2018
    Im trying to get a loan and I’m an owner operator. I made 77k last year and deducted 17k per diem which the government accepts 80 percent of that of course. Quicken loans wants to deduct the 17k and the 14k , which is the 80 percent, and pushes my AGI to low to get a 180k house. I tried explaining and showed them what they did wrong but of course they go by a simple formula and that’s it l. Any advice or knowledge of banks that knows how the trucking industry works.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Freddy57

Freddy57 Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    I went to a local bank in town, they understand self employed people and set me up quickly. Forget the online guys, go sit down with an actual banker.

Mattflat362 and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  4. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Where do you live? I can give you a recommendation to a lady in my area, who a lot of local truckers get mortgage from. I personally know her and she knows exactly what you are talking about.

5. McCauley

McCauley Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Going to Quicken Loans for a mortgage is like going to Fantastic Sam's for a haircut. There is a vast sea of people who are better and can be more understanding and accomodating.

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  6. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    I hear Churchill Mortgage is one of the best. They do manual underwriting and are endorsed by Dave Ramsey.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  7. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    A mortgage is written on “Taxable” income. The more you take out via deductions the less you can borrow.

I went thru this when i tried to buy a house. I had to go 3 years without taking my perdiem to get the mortgage. After the was written i had my accountant go back over my last three years of taxes and put the perdiem in. I got my mortgage & a refund check from the irs.

It’s a game, learn to play it!

AaronP and dwells40 Thank this.
  8. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I know my guys at my local bank by name and they know me and what I do.

Try local....right in your neighborhood...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.