Any new information on saia trucking?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Buffalonytrucker92, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Skorge

Skorge Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2019
    Good to hear man

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    I didn’t say all drivers 90% out of million doesn’t mean everyone. I have no issue with Bluetooth I think it’s fine just Saia doesn’t.

You can’t say the majority of drivers don’t drive unsafe? Drivers think their safe with only a car length in front of them.

I might have to get a go pro and strap it to my head to prove this.

I’m not gonna fight topic of this. It’s like talking to a union member about how better a non union company is. They just won’t hear it.

4. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    If I work for OD I wouldn’t see daylight for 10 years in my area. I only had to be on Extraboard for a week and I’m home everyday off on the weekends. Estes is 5 days out or more. I just landed a daylight run for the next 6 months also. No pay progression topped out right away. I’ve been caught on the phone before. Still have a job. No where near a final warning. Still no videos in 9 months or so. Haven’t talked to a manager about any disciplinary action in 10 months either. So much for that micromanagement I keep hearing about.

5. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Good deal, nice to hear that!

Radman Thanks this.
  6. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    Saia is a nice company though

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    You still don’t need an inside camera to mitigate that sort of behavior.

8. Skorge

Skorge Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2019
    Im still not convinced dude. Sounds like your the exception. I hear nothing but horrible things about that company

9. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Your right. But it’s the cards dealt here. I don’t mind a forward cam. I would prefer to not have a driver facing cam but I can also deal with it.

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  10. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    It’s the same job as I had at Reddaway for 6 years. Just new equipment, more pay, new technology, more organized, and a camera. Pretty much same job and LTL lifestyle. Might be a little more rules but not much for me to flinch at.

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I have several grievances with Saia. First and foremost is the inside camera.

Then, there’s the CB radio ban, the smoking ban, and the bluetooth ban.

Saia may pay well, with OT even. They may even have better benefits then we have at my company. They do run nice equipment. However, there are some things that money and bennies simply cannot buy, and that is the dignity of working at a place that doesn’t have such a level of distrust of their employees that they need to resort to the sort of BS I described above.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.