Any new information on saia trucking?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Buffalonytrucker92, Jul 7, 2019.

1. USMC 3531

USMC 3531 Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Yes the malcontents, the ones that think I am listening to them, but all hear is the voice from the teacher from the Peanuts cartoon.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. USMC 3531

Dec 11, 2016
    And this is exactly where I am at now, I am the guy who just shrugs his shoulders and thinks well so be it, my obligation to them is to be as safe and productive to the best of my ability, in return they compensate me in wages and benefits, they are not obligated to provide me happiness and I don't expect them too.

FlaSwampRat and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  4. USMC 3531

Dec 11, 2016
    Mack this one was a mistake, I accidentally hit post reply before writing anything, my bad.

5. eightballwoody

eightballwoody Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2019
    I remember when my company first started doing the electronic policy stuff, then came the cameras. I finally realized, ok, do my job and go home. I don't need to have a phone in my hand. I don't need to check facebook on the road or look at the text message. Heck, I do 10-13 stops a day. There are plenty of opportunities for me to look at something when I stop. So I too am shrugging my shoulders. =)

6. USMC 3531

Dec 11, 2016
    This one I meant was mistake, having hard time with the phone lol.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  7. USMC 3531

Dec 11, 2016
    Yep, and I could be completely wrong on this, and I think I stated it a while back on this thread, but I think the cameras will eventually be mandated just like the electronic logs, may take a while, but I think it will be the case eventually.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  8. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    I totally agree when it comes to city work. When I did P&D I basically ignored my phone all day unless I had to call a customer or notify dispatch about a delay. But the phone (legally used with a headset) can save a tired road driver, so I don't think I could easily shrug that one off. We also warn each other of wrecks, obstacles, and weather conditions, which is gold, especially in the wintertime.

I've seen a Saia road driver with the telltale blue blinking light on his ear anyway, though. By the way, pushing both volume buttons at the same time turns off that light!

9. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    I think you're right. Especially if the companies making that technology hire lobbyists to wine and dine politicians in Washington. The process is probably already underway...

10. USMC 3531

Dec 11, 2016
    Lol, there is a team driver I see from time to time that wears his blue parrot in broad daylight, team trucks have cameras, but only outward recording because of privacy concerns I was told, Saia has husband/wife teams.

11. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    I wear an AirPod in the non camera ear. Hard for them to see it. No light works well. I’ll drive right into the yard with it on at 9-10am in the morning nobody cares. I’ve seen p&d guys with big head set rolling out the yard.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.