Any of you hot shot guys at Landstar?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by crocky, Oct 31, 2018.

1. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017

I'm simply asking about Landstar as a option, because they allow hotshots and let you pull from a load board. Don't read anything more into it than that. I'm gathering information never did I say I'm going here or there with 100% certainty.

I have no interest in getting my MC numbers and own customers. I want to keep things simple and focus on me being out making money, not spending time drumming up business and so forth. If I can't make money that way as hot shot, then I'll just stay with big trucks because there are tons of options with big trucks. I'd however prefer to get away from big trucks, which it why I've looked at hot shots as a option.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flatbedcarrier

flatbedcarrier Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Southern California

We have our own numbers. We don’t and wouldn’t lease on with any carrier, ever. We move freight for Landstar on occasion but that’s as Independent Owner Operators. We never call Landstar because when you do, most of the time they’re offering a cheap rate. We only haul for them when they call us needing a truck. I have connections going back 35 + yrs with Shippers, and Brokers that offer me and the Independent Owner Operators I work with freight and vehicles. Approx 85% of the stuff we haul, it comes direct from them. We hardly ever have to look at a load board. When we do, it’s typically to fill out some empty deck space that we happen to have left open.

crocky and Lite bug Thank this.
  4. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    I believe he is a young guy. Looking for low hanging fruit. Landstar is about low rates, and if they have anyone running hotshot they won’t be there very long until they are out of business. IMO

5. Lite bug

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Good information!!

6. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017

I'm not a young guy, I'm simply not here to build up a trucking business with customers ect..ect.. I'm here to make money now and then later move on. Trucking isn't my end game, it's a way to make money to get there..

7. Lite bug

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Ok brother, it’s not a bad thing. You are definitely younger than myself and Flatbedcarrier. No offense.

crocky Thanks this.
  8. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Yea, no biggie. I've had other business before that I put tons of time into trying to build up and so forth. Now I just want to keep it simple with out making it more complicated than I need to.

My main thing is I want to be able to pick my own loads from a load board, which is one of the reasons I was looking at LS. Also looking at Mercer as well but that would be with a big truck. I'm not sure where else I could go as far as being able to run off a load board but I'm sure there are others.

I jut want to pick my loads/routes drive and have money deposited into my bank.. Don't want to chase customers lol

9. Boundtransport

Boundtransport Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2018
    U.S.A.

2 months later how are you doing?

jsnell Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.