Any other choices to get a truck with bad credit other than Lone Mountain?

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Walleye05, Feb 15, 2015.

1. NoobiDriver

NoobiDriver Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Is there a way to get negative marks(late payments/ missed payments) removed?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    You can dispute. Or pay a credit repair firm for you.

If it's just your payment history. It only goes back 2 years. Unless account is closed. good standing will stay for 10 years. Bad standing stays for over 7 years.

I'm sure there's other scenarios and different times.

Disputes can be a PITA. Sometimes a credit repair is worth the price but can be time consuming. I used lexingtonlaw dot com a long time ago.

Matt1924 and NoobiDriver Thank this.
  4. Lmh76

Lmh76 Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2018
    Interested in more information.

5. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I just spoke to them and they don't haul crude oil anymore. Seems like the bottom of the market fell in 2015 and a lot of people quit doing it.

6. ed4207

ed4207 Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2006
    If you have been driving less than a year you don't even know what you don't know yet. Treat your driving job like going to college 2 years will give you an idea of what needs to be done. Four years will double your chance of success.
    A small town banker told me that Industry standard for loaning money to buy a truck has a 80 percent chance of the loan going bad. Thats everything from missed payments to having to hire someone find the truck and bring it back.

7. Mr Uturn

Mr Uturn Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2021
    Just want to point out. Loan mountain said these are the *POSSIBLE* reasons to be turned down. That is a generic turn down form they send (by law) to everyone they turn down. It does not mean the op has all of them. It just means those are reasons to be turned down.

8. Mr Uturn

Mr Uturn Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2021
    Hmm bored and just scrolling. Just noticed this is a old long dead post.

9. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    That comes from people using the Search function. That's a good thing to do and we encourage it but sometimes they forget to look in the blue bar in the upper left hand corner of the post for the date.
    I've done it myself.
    Sometimes those old posts will have good information in them.

Old_n_gray, kemosabi49 and Oxbow Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.