Any OTR driver jobs open? Chicagoland maybe?? Bags packed by September!!!

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by Davidajhamlin1983, Aug 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davidajhamlin1983

Davidajhamlin1983 Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2018
    Daytona Beach FLORIDA
    34 clean mvr. Never a accident nor ticket. 2 years driving experience. Looking for otr. With small company. Dont really wannago with the big guys. Hate the mega guys. Must have apu or be ok with idleing truck. Must have fuel card for truck. 1099 is okay with a few things worked out. Looking to stay out for 4 mo at a time then take my truck were ever for my few off days. Must pay layover pay and tolls, ECT. I do have a felony conviction from 2013. Looking to start probably sep sometime. Have to get my med card and renew my CDL. (It was disqualified)(forgot to do a med cert and turn it in to the DMV)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Michelle Woodall

Michelle Woodall Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2018
    We have what you are looking for! Check out Mcelroytrucklines.com and call me tomorrow at ext 188 or text my cell at 6019340189. We have layover, breakdown, detention, and per diem.

Davidajhamlin1983 Thanks this.
  4. Davidajhamlin1983

Aug 5, 2018
    Daytona Beach FLORIDA
    Flatbed I don't really wanna do to be honest. Unless I could get loads with no tarping required or maybe training new guys. Also I don't really wanna be run through hireright. Just me as a driver. Had a bad experience with them almost 15 years ago when I started my driving career and have not been ran through them since.

5. Michelle Woodall

Michelle Woodall Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2018
    I Respect that. We do pay tarp pay as well and about 75% of our loads are pre-tarped.

6. the white knight

the white knight Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2017
    I would be interested in seeing what other offers come in... but with big money if it’s 1099.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  7. MYPY Transportation

MYPY Transportation Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2017
    48 states
    Be careful driving for 4 month, sometimes it's just kill you mentally and drivers start making lots of mistakes, plus you start spending the time anywhere but not in the truck, like standing at truck stop and glancing on stuff for 30 min that you have no interest for:))

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    Oldironfan Thanks this.
  8. Davidajhamlin1983

Aug 5, 2018
    Daytona Beach FLORIDA
  9. the white knight

the white knight Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2017

I’m just like you with experience.
    After 16 yrs with mom n pops I went with Crete. It’s actually not bad. 1st week I did 2850 for miles at .51.
    But if you want more and a better ride look up Dynamic Transit. They
    have decked out Peterbuilts and they do reefer. They will run you and keep you out for as long as you wish. I hear nothing but positive things from their drivers. Starts at .55... with Hazmat. Any reefer hazmat loads pay .60. Plus 63.00 dollars a day per diem.

Next, try 1st Class Carriers out of Chicago. That guy will start you at .60, dry van. Nice trucks from what I saw. 1099 there or w2 and no per diem.

Remember, you can’t write off 63.00 a day anymore if your a company driver BUT companies can offer you per diem which is a plus.

Good luck and let me know what you decided on.
    As for me, I made a good decision with Crete. It’s sooo easy. .51 plus .14 out of that .51 is non taxed.

10. Davidajhamlin1983

Aug 5, 2018
    Daytona Beach FLORIDA
    @the white knight
    Thanks they r both a little to big for my liking. I have to re-up my medical certificate. It expired so they downgraded/disqualified my CDL. No biggie tho. I am gonna stay with small refer outfits. Have found a few that seem okay. I kinda want to buy my own rig tho. I have seen a few guys buy a truck from a small outfit and it worked out really well for them. It's finding that really small outfit lol. will keep ya posted on my hunt.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  11. Firebirdexpress

Firebirdexpress Bobtail Member

Oct 31, 2018
    Hello.I f you still looking give me a call back 773-691-17-23Alex

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.