Any OTR drivers who don't own a personal car?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by XenonOxide, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Boondock

Boondock Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    I have the lectric bike. Runs about $1000, worth every penny. Trust me I researched electric bikes for months before I went with that one. You can spend double the money and not get the features or quality bike has. It’s built like a tank. I ordered one of the front and rear basket so I can haul groceries or whatever else I’m going out to buy. I use three locks on mine, But honestly I’ve never had a problem. Most places I go will let me leave it inside the door up against the wall or something. Near the entrance. Like at a restaurant or bar or whatever. A few times they’ll just lock it in the office like when I went to the movies. I hadn’t thought of putting a tracking device on it, that’s a good idea. mostly what I run into is curious people. Truckers especially. It’s hilarious. They see me get that thing out of my truck unfold it turn it on and they come out and start asking me questions. I told the company I want a sales commission because I probably told about 50 truckers all about it. Lol. They all want one. Then they see me hit that throttle or start pedaling and BAM it’s takes off like a Tesla and they’re really sold. Just like it did with me their brain start spinning all the places They could go and use it for. Honestly best $1000 I’ve spent. Game changer out there. Now you’re not gonna use it every day, but when you have a little extra time and you want to do something, it’s worth it’s weight in gold.

Terlingua and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. XenonOxide

XenonOxide Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2022
    @Lennythedriver That’s seriously cool, mind if you share what precise brand/model it is? I’ll look into investing in one for myself

5. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

These and the other one you posted, that doesn't fold are all over the place down here on my sandbar. One reason is cause it's a sandbar, and it's nice weather to bike normally. Unless there is a hurricane/nor'easter incoming. Or it's cold and windy during the winter. Second reason is...you don't need a license or insurance. People who've lost their licenses to DWIs/etc, love them. Used to be scooters, but now they require insurance.

Gotta love living on a sandbar. All the drunks are on e-bikes, scooters, or a regular bike. ;)

I just walk, and push people over on bikes. More entertaining that way. Just kidding...maybe...

My grandfather was like this when I was growing up. He had his own auto body repair and flatbed/rolloff towing company. He would pick up stuff for insurance companies and auto auctions. He wouldn't ride with anybody but my Nana. It didn't matter who you were, how good your record was, how nice your car was, etc. If he wasn't driving, he wasn't going unless it was my Nana driving. He was like that right up until the day he died.

Funny, my Nana was like that to actually. Would drive from VA to NH and only stop the car in Mass. or VT for a hour nap, and then she'd be back on the road driving. She wouldn't let the kids, or any of us grandkids drive her. She got into an accident once as the passenger and refused from that point on to let anyone drive her.

She also made really #### good tacos. Just' saying.

Sirscrapntruckalot -
    [​IMG]

Numb and Boondock Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.