Any Pickup and Delivery jobs that work nights?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by bentstrider83, Feb 20, 2021.

1. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Colorado, as I said, has a ton of jobs. Nobody comes to Colorado to work. Weather is actually okay, compared to the midwest, 50's today. I wonder if there's a lumber company looking for flatbed drivers,,,what, too soon?

McUzi Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Haven't left yet. I've been with IRT for over five years now and have already flaked out on other jobs I applied to in the recent past due to either; A)not finding a decent place to live in time. , or B)the fury to leave the current job has passed.
    I don't know. I apply to a job, then wuss out and not take it. Almost as bad as a job hopper, except I consider myself an "application flaker". Seems like this area and the relative lackadaisical attitude of management at my current company has got its hold on me. People leave me alone in town, and I don't get "pushed" too often at work either.
    Still gunning for Pilot and Loves though. Probably going to have to open wide and move for that though. No HAZMat tanker in my town unfortunately.

Again, the prices of apartments and houses up there are an issue that can't be dealt with short of a riot against those making money off of it, so might as well deal with it in a peaceful manner. Thing I can't stand is how hipster-ish the available housing/apartment stock in the Denver metro area is; all luxury, multi-story, and too close together. Which usually means if even I'm still working nights, there's a good chance I'll still be dodging some rando asking if "I want to hang out"? I'm almost 40, does my middle finger mean nothing to your feelings? I'm just a Boomer that was born in the wrong year. Apparently, dressing like a bum still doesn't deter some from getting near me. Especially up there surprisingly.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    MACK E-6 and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  4. HiramKingWilliams

HiramKingWilliams Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2019
    State of Jefferson
    I’m almost certain you’ll regret going from Tanker to LTL. But, you must do what you feel is right with The Force. I say this having went from LTL to Tanker. Pilot and Love’s are excellent choices IMHO. I’m at Gemini/Love’s. We have openings all over. Just search the website. The job is great, pay is solid, benefits are pretty darn good, schedules are good, equipment is good, discounts are nice, etc. They have huge 5/10 year safety bonuses. One of the best things about Love’s, no external customers! It drastically improves your work-life. And everywhere you deliver is obviously designed for big rigs. It’s a no-brainer.

jmz and bentstrider83 Thank this.
  5. bentstrider83

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    I'm going to fill out another app for them. I noticed Loves/Gemini updated their online app system from that corny one they had years ago when I last tried to apply. If the potential to make more money with tankers is out there, I'll gladly stay on it. Regardless of the alarmist farts that ditched their HAZMat like it was a weight off their shoulders.:???:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  6. Clarimeister

Clarimeister Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2017
    What is the schedule like for Love's and/or Pilot? Are they mostly nights like most LTL Linehaul gigs, or do they run days too? Mostly for upper "senior" drivers I imagine if so?

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  7. bentstrider83

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    The day shifts are there for the ones that stay long enough I'm assuming. Like the post says, I'm keen on sticking to nights. Only reason the Pilot job has evaded me thus far is due to no apartments or houses being available in Santa Rosa or Tucumcari. It's only a few hours away. But these "safety related domiciles" are a royal pain.

8. HiramKingWilliams

HiramKingWilliams Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2019
    State of Jefferson
    Regarding Love’s - there’s pretty much 3 schedules:

Sun-Thurs
    Tues-Sat
    Fri-Mon

Start times are roughly 0300/1500. My store has the following schedules/hrs, with 3 drivers:

Sun-Thurs, 0330-1530.
    Tues-Sat, 1530-0330.
    Fri-Mon, this is covering the days off for the other two drivers and is my current schedule. Fri & Sat, 0330–530. Sun & Mon, 1530-0330.

9. bentstrider83

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Sun/Mon off used to be bad for me. But since the 'Rona killed off any of my preferred social activities, I just don't give a toot anymore. I'll take it!!

buckmanmike Thanks this.
  10. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    If you consider food service as "p+D," then there are some outfits that work at night......

As far as conventional LTL city work, that's a good question. i don't know.

What do you consider P+D?

11. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    i did a little stint of delivering to CVS stores at night---it was just roll-off/liftgate on pallets. Relatively easy---except for the night hours....oh wait, you want that......

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.