Any Questions about Roehl??

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by RangerdaRoehlRoadTrainer, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Beedubyah

Beedubyah Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2013
    It's a roll of the dice with just about any company! You need to find a company that offers what YOU are looking for in a job. If I were you just getting into the biz I would sit down with a legal pad and list all the things you think you expect in a trucking job. Then start asking questions based on your list. Soon you will find out whether or not this is the job for you! There is a reason the turn over rate is so high, so many come into the biz thinking they're gonna travel and sight see. The truth is you will spend countless hours driving, sitting and waiting and if you choose flat bed, lots of tarping time, in the heat, cold, rain, snow and it will be dirty! So consider it well my friend before you jump into the pool!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucki

Trucki Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Petersburg, Indiana
    Getting into trucking is not in question. I'm currently trying to get OTR experience under my belt while I try to figure out where to start on taking over my grandfathers trucking company.

I've done some Flatbed work while fixing Loadshifts with the Wrecker Service. Couple months ago had a REALLY complicated Lowes Load shift to do for ComCar in Atlanta so it's given me an insight into Flatbedding, but I can't decide if I want to continue doing that or pull a van.

4. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    They'll want miles. Many companies have these home time fleets now, so I'm sure they're aware of them. Or they'll find out later and release you.

acouplyr Thanks this.
  5. acouplyr

acouplyr Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2012
    PA
    I thought it was more of an insurance issue than anything with these smaller companies.

6. Treefork

Treefork Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    They're more concerned about miles. If you worked at Roehl from June 2013-June 2014 you worked there a year regardless of how many days it was.

acouplyr Thanks this.
  7. Dragonfly619

Dragonfly619 Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Drifting
    Anyone else having little frog jumps? 200-380 is not what I expected running curtain side national... So frustrated

8. Heysunshine

Heysunshine Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2014
  9. Redriderex

Redriderex Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Waupaca, WI
    Yep that's about what I'm getting too.....but just got a nice little 1000 one for the weekend. I left Tuesday morning and been driving everyday but only had to spend one night in the truck...every other night I've been home. Getting pretty sick of Hwy 41, 10 and 39...back and forth, lol.

10. Redriderex

Redriderex Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Waupaca, WI
    Has anyone ever taken a right out of Gary to get to 80? I thought I read somewhere that someone said don't do it??? But it doesn't look to bad to me or am I just seeing things?? Thanks

11. 'SP

'SP Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Florida
    I have a Class A CDL with all endorsements except hazmat, but I will add it soon. What I wanted to know is if I would qualify into their training program. I have no accidents or tickets. Clean record , and been trained OTR by a independent contractor

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.