Any Questions about Roehl??

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by RangerdaRoehlRoadTrainer, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    From what I have read on here they do not prorate it at all. Leave at 14 months and 29 days and you own a full $5,000.

From what has been posted on here the commitment is 75,000 miles if you get your CDL before going to them with a $3,130 penalty if you do not compete the miles as a new driver and 15 months commitment if you get your CDL through them with a $5000 penalty do not compete the time.

Best to confirm all information with them though.

minirack and DsquareD Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DsquareD

DsquareD Road Train Member

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    My class A truck driver training at Fox Valley Technical College in Appleton, WI was ~$2250, back in 2009. Then I got a veterans benefit that covered that, but that is still much better than $5000 and commitment free.

bigmotor1212 Thanks this.
  4. Strad_gal

Strad_gal Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2016
    What makes new drivers wash out?

5. minirack

minirack Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2016
    I think most of them think that trucking is just driving, don't realize what all else goes with it, many probably can't take being away from their families like they thought they could, and then there's the promise of all these miles and big money that usually aren't met for a new driver. As well as driver errors, wrecks and citations so on

bigmotor1212 Thanks this.
  6. Texnmidwest

Texnmidwest Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    For the record, commitment goes by miles not months. 150,000 for Roehl CDL School and 75,000 if you come in with your CDL. Months depends on how long it takes you to reach those miles. Veterans have a different plan for getting their CDL through Roehl. Fewer miles to reach to fulfill the contract.

I came in with my CDL. Fulfilled the 75,000 miles in 6 months.

Of the 6 members of my orientation class, myself and one other are still here at the 11 month mark. One didn't make it through orientation, another left after 4 months and one missed his family too much.

minirack Thanks this.
  7. DsquareD

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    Why would there be any kind of payback if you already have your CDL? I would never agree to that. When I went to Roehl with my CDL there was no minimum obligation.

minirack Thanks this.
  8. DsquareD

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    A multitude of things, including things that are just outside your skill set as a new driver. It doesn't matter whether you quit or they terminate you.

In addition to driving issues, there are lifestyle issues. If you have trouble getting up at different times every day to make on time pick up and deliveries they may terminate you. Your family time might be more important to you than the money.

It doesn't matter how dedicated you are when things go wrong.

Some things that could get you terminated:

Property damage, buildings, street signs, mail boxes, other trucks, etc. Pick up a trailer that someone else damaged, but you didn't see it or report it when you hooked it (first time probably not an issue).

Accidents.

Tickets, other than one minor speed.

Mouthing off after getting tired of lies and broken promises.

minirack Thanks this.
  9. Strad_gal

Strad_gal Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2016
    What about miles not being available? New drivers get washed out because the promise of miles was not a reality. Can you expand more on that? Do you get miles due to your skills as a driver? For example, will they give you more miles if they know that you are a good driver verses a guy that kept messing up in training?

10. minirack

minirack Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2016
    They advertise lots of miles, equaling lots of money to lure the drivers in but then don't always provide them once you're in the door. Big companies generally don't have workers interests in mind, they just want the money, so you hire into their training program, they get cheap labor and if you can't cut it they don't care because then you owe them for the training. They win either way

11. DsquareD

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    They're not going to leave a truck sitting just because they don't like you. You'll get loads as they are available.

Meltom Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.