Any Questions about Roehl??

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by RangerdaRoehlRoadTrainer, Jun 5, 2010.

1. hindsy

hindsy Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2010
    USA

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rangerroehlroadtrainer

rangerroehlroadtrainer Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Moved to Marshfield
    yep van, i will be there tommorrow nite

4. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia
    Does Roehl have any preferences to private TD schools if I choose not to go to Marshfield?

5. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia
    Everyone must be catchin' ZZZZZ

6. RonS666

RonS666 Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Gainesville Ga
    To those looking at Roehl as a starter company, welcome to this trainer's thread.
    I just finished my EVO3. (That's the last month of training done as a solo driver.)

What I found out first hand.
    All the trucks run well. If they have an issue/problem, maintenance WILL fix it and more. IE I had an electrical problem, they fixed a small air leak and changed my fuel filter *** as well as my electrical*** Add as an edit.

Not all the trucks are new. Mine has over 700,000 miles on it BUT it runs.

Most of the trainers are top notch. I had one trainer that was out there to run us as team, but I was asked if I wanted to change by dispatch and I said no. Roehl will always help you get the trainer that suites you. I just wanted to get the training over with so I put up with the yelling and crap. (Yes trainers now and then may be in short supply)

Ask any driver for help, get 4 helpers. While doing my map homework I had a question. I asked a driver, next thing I knew I had 4 drivers sitting around the table helping.
    This is great as you get real world experienced drivers helping. This was in a lunch room not a class. My point being if you ask for help you'll get it. Just don't ever be shy in asking.

Roehl expects you to think. My Emergency airline broke while at a truckstop. When I called it in "YES" was the answer to my question "Want me to purchase a new air line?"

I got my PO# there and then and I fixed it. I was then routed straight to service to check my handy work. But I got my delivery made on time.

If I'm due to be home, they'll get me home. Only once did they get me home 2 days late. But considering the business we are in, this is to be expected now and then.

I've had no issues with pay. They pay you promptly and weekly.

LOG LEGALLY! I goofed. I drove 45min over my hours. I was on route to the shipper in the middle of no where. By the time I noticed I was short on hours the only place I could stop was the shipper. Being EVO 3 I told my fleet manager. I was told to log it honestly.
    I've listened to a number of conversations in the driver's lounges and every time legal logs come up the vast majority of drivers say do it legal. Everyone at Roehl will tell you that you get more time than is needed to complete a run. IF YOU CAN'T MAKE A DELIVERY ON TIME TELL DISPATCH! It's that easy. That's all anyone will ask of you. You can't make a delivery it will be relayed or they will get you more time.

If you're late regularly, then they will question your commitment to the company. BUT trust me, if I can do it anyone can. Why? because my handle should be Lost or Wrongway Ron.

So far I've had a preplan waiting before I finished a run. In other words I don't sit waiting for a dispatch. (I did have to wait once for a few hrs but they finally got me a plan.)

Is the company perfect? No. Am I always driving down the road with a smile on my face? No. It's a real job, I love it but it's not a game. Do your job, make your deliveries on time, drive safe and legal and you'll do well.

I drive 11 days / 3 off. I've done dry van, flatbed and now refer. Roehl prides itself as being a safe reliable company. It is! That's why I want to stay.

Finally have I heard horror stories? yes. BUT I don't do hearsay. I'm just posting what I've seen and done.

BTW I went through Daly's driving school. IF you can go to Roehl for training, do it.

OH!!! Yes all the bonuses are reachable and Roehl pays them. No I haven't been with the company long enough to get a bonus yet but they have an online tracking system so I can see how I'm doing.

Is Roehl better than any other company or "Company X"? I don't know I've only worked for Roehl.

Safe driving people.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
    RoseWild, YoungGuns, EV87 and 12 others Thank this.
  7. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia

8. RonS666

Jan 5, 2010
    Gainesville Ga

9. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia
    Rons666

Thanks for your insight! I'm concerned because of time and distance. We just relocated to GA and the funds are running pretty low. Training locally seems to make sense from the perspective of limiting out-of pocket expenses as most of the driving schools I would consider are nearby. Hence, home every night and no lodging expenses.

Was your orientation done in GA at the Ellenwood terminal?

10. RonS666

Jan 5, 2010
    Gainesville Ga
    Yes my orientation was there. I schooled at Daly's in Buford GA. From the students I've met at Ellenwood, the trainers there are good.

11. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia
    I drove up to Ellenwood yesterday hoping to chat with someone. The facility seemed open but secured. I didn't press the issue. When I got back home, I e-mailed Roehl and asked if it was possible to arrange a visit (Ellenwood). No one has gotten back to me as of yet.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.