Any real info on Redding Lumber Transport (RLT)??

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by planafreighters, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I don't believe Vail NW is still running. At least I've never seen any of their trucks. But TP still has mills in AL and I'm sure a couple other places.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dclerici1

dclerici1 Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2012
    MISSOURI
    I sub-hauled for TP a few times and they were great to work with and the pay was on time.

4. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    It's probably been close to 10 years or so since Vail Northwest shut down.

5. jerezxp7

jerezxp7 Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2007
    oregon
    Check out Leavitts freight out of Springfield oregon we are hiring and redding is ok to live for the 5 axle flat beds guys they get miles.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  6. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I would definitely check out Leavitts. They seem like a well run operation and have nice trucks. Plus they have some cool loads running down the road

7. jerezxp7

Apr 4, 2007
    oregon
    I will not say any trucking company is great because the industry itself is messed up but leavitts is a good company that cares about its drivers has one of the highest pay scales and almost everyone gets home every weekend. With 5 years experience they pay $1000 a week for orientation and while training but if you drive for Leavitts bring your big boy pants we do man's work and haul loads that require a higher level of driving. That's why you make the $$$$

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  8. Tractorman10-4

Tractorman10-4 Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Salem Oregon
    Don't mean to post high jack here, but I'd like to know more about leavitt's. I see they have started running 53' foot 4 axles trailer's. I'm curious do you still get home on the weekends? And how far do they run you on that division. And if you still make decent money running like this for them. I also read somewhere on this forum that they have gone to all automatics is that true?

9. jerezxp7

Apr 4, 2007
    oregon
    Leavitts has about 18 8 axle trucks in the heavy haul fleet yes automatics or auto shifts rather I am one of the 8 axle drivers we run a tri axle with a drop on a 53 ft trailer and a drop axle on our truck we can gross 105500 unless in oregon. To answer your question the heavy haul fleet requires you to live in Oregon near the terminal or directly along our normal route which covers oregon Washington Idaho Utah and montana we dont go to Califrnia and you must be Canada legal and yes we get home every weekend sometimes not till sat morning then leave monday morning for the must part the 8 axle guys have a great gig we take off Monday morning up to Calgary down to montana back to Oregon or Washington then we take the weekend off and start over again I average about 2400-2800 miles a week this can vary some but it's pretty rutine we are also married to our trailer we dont swap out with anyone ever and the best part we make .12 more per mile Then 5 axle drivers. I don't like telling people what I make but it's in the high 40s per mile plus tarp plus border plus load and unload and empty pays the same as loaded.

Tractorman10-4 Thanks this.
  10. Tractorman10-4

Jul 17, 2015
    Salem Oregon
    I'm seriously considering putting an application in, but I don't understand why there always hiring, I've never heard anything bad about them. I even know a guy who use to work there about 5 or 6 years ago, and he has nothing to say bad. And the fact that they pay well and you get benefits the first of the month after being hiring, so there's no waiting 60 or 90 day is fantastic plus they have nice equipment and they get you home on the weekends. I live about an hour from there yard, I wanna know do they let you take your truck home? And how is orientation and what does it cover? I heard they run e-logs is that true? I've got more then enough experience I'm sure they would snatch me right up. I just hate switching jobs but it's getting to the point I've gotta do something and they've always been on my radar.

11. jerezxp7

Apr 4, 2007
    oregon
    I will answer your ?? The best I can but I am on the heavy haul fleet and things are not exactly the same as the 5 axle fleet but this I know yes lots of our drivers take their trucks home, most drivers get home every weekend if they want ,orientation you will stay in a nice house with 3 other drivers have your own room. $ 50 walmart card for food and orientation pays a flat $1000 a week from week one until you go solo the owner Terry Leavitts had lunch with me my second day of orientation Leavitts is a different kind of trucking company I'm not just saying that, they really are I too can work for any company I choose and I spent 2 weeks trying to dig up dirt on leavitts with no success many of our drivers have been there 5 years or more I have been there almost a year now I'm not going to say I don't find things to ##### about but I am for the most part happy. You just need to call Jordan he is the in company recruiter he will take you thru it step by step.

Tractorman10-4 Thanks this.
  12. Tractorman10-4

Jul 17, 2015
    Salem Oregon
    Thank you for all the info. Yeah the orientation pay that's really good! I don't think I've heard of that anywhere like that. I to I'm interested in the heavy haul side of things since that's what I'm doing now anyways and I need to be home for the weekends. I see there trucks almost everyday regardless of where I run lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2015
    Reason for edit: Removed referral bonus solicitation from quote
    jerezxp7 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.