Any thoughts about applying for jobs...

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Vision, May 15, 2022.

1. Detroit Red

Detroit Red Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2020
    Hey Chinatown, can you find any driving jobs in Hilo, Hawaii? I don’t see much on indeed or Craig’s list.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Vision

Vision Bobtail Member

May 12, 2022
    I dont know... Thats a long drive from the mainland, and I doubt i could keep my windows up the whole time...

4. Vision

Vision Bobtail Member

May 12, 2022
    @Snowshoes
    Hi Snowshoes, My name is Steve, and I am just about to start getting in truck training... I have my permit with all endorsements (including hazmat, once i get my passport ) Chinatown recommended Pride in a post about finding a job for new CLD holders... He also said you worked there... Could you tell me anything more than what the website shows?? What is the corporate culture look like?? How long have you driven for them?? Training seems long, at least 3 months it seems, is that accurate?? Im interested in OTR, although regional or dedicated is certainly options... Are there options for tanker or hazmat loads?? Also do you get a referral bonus?? if so let me know your driver number... Im sure there are more questions, so i hope its ok to bug you... Oh yeah, Im in Colorado about 30 minutes from Evans... Thanks so much (For some reason I cant private message you... )

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @Detroit Red
    The Department of Transportation, Highways Division has one urgent vacancy located in Hilo.
    This position REQUIRES a Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Class A or B, with Endorsement N (tank vehicles), and have NO restrictions relating to codes E (manual transmission), J (automatic or synchromesh transmission), and L (air brakes) at the time of application.
    THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL 20
    APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Now Hiring – Hawaii Region | PureStar
    Now Hiring – Hawaii Region | PureStar
    Kahului- 221 S. Wakea Avenue, Kahului HI 96732. Lahaina- 135 Kupuohi Street, Lahaina HI 96761. Kailua-Kona- 74-5475 Loloku St, Kailua Kona HI 96740. Hilo- 865 Kinoole St, Hilo, HI 96720. E-mail resume at hr@unitedlaundry.net
    ~
    Hawaii Foodservice Alliance | Hawaii’s Premier Supplier …Hawaiʻi’s single source solution for dry, chill and frozen distribution — Sea, Air and LandHFA is the largest local supplier of perishable foods and logistics to Hawaiʻi’s grocer, retail and club chains. HFA serves all islands and locations daily.
    ~

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @Detroit Red
    Anniversary - Pacific BiodieselFounded on Maui in 1995, Pacific Biodiesel ® is the nation’s longest operating biodiesel producer, and established the first retail biodiesel pump in America. Today with nearly 100 employees statewide, the company is the only commercial producer of liquid biofuels in Hawaii.
    ~
    Pacific Biodiesel Technologies - Home | Facebook
    • Pacific Biodiesel produces 5.5 million gallons of biodiesel annually at our refinery on Hawaii Island, which utilizes advanced distillation technology to produce premium

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @Detroit Red
    Meadow Gold Dairies Hawaii
    Hilo, HI 96720
    Starting pay at $23.00
    Company pays 100% for employee and family health insurance (medical, drug, vision, and dental)
    upload_2022-5-20_12-14-48.jpeg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.