Any Truckstop Employees post here?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Infosaur, Jan 11, 2011.

1. CaptainQ

CaptainQ Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Lodi, Ohio
    I would agree on that one, and you do see it everywhere. It just boils down to training and laziness.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    Sometimes at Pilot I feel bad for the person stuck running the Subway or PizzaHut. Often I just see 1 person stuck trying to deal with the huge lines forming for food.

At least McBurger or whatever has to have a crew

HFC Thanks this.
  4. buzz1670

buzz1670 Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2009
    ny
    maintanace.i clean up the trucker bombs and trash left behind in the lot,empty the trash barrels with gallons of pee,fix what gets broke,listen to a driver beech because the guy before him used the squeegee to wash his fuel tanks.tell guys no parking on the fuel island,i get"i know i'll only be a minute or i don't give a crap"

CommDriver Thanks this.
  5. HFC

HFC Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Sorry for your frustrations. I hope that drivers that used to be disrepectful will now develop some for all the difficult things that you do. Thanks for making a truck stop a more enjoyable place.

buzz1670 and Flying Finn Thank this.
  6. HFC

HFC Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2007
    I wonder if those photographers' models who posed for this poster knew what it would say in the final post production ...

"Suckers for Truckers"

:biggrin_25523:

7. Sequoia

Sequoia Road Train Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Tampa Bay, FL
    When someone sends in a compliment about an employee, does that employee get notified about the compliment or recognized in any way? Positive feedback boosts morale and I know if I got called in to the office and was read an email from a customer about a wonderful job I did, that would most likely make my day and give me that little boost to get through a lousy day.

So..as I asked earlier, how do you notify your employees when they receive compliments from customers?

8. CaptainQ

CaptainQ Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Lodi, Ohio
    In my group, all positive comments are funneled back to the employee via their chain of command so that everyone knows they have been recognized by a customer.

We also have a program to nationally recognize employees who truly go "above and beyond" the call of duty to perform heroic deeds for our customers. I manage that program and it is very rewarding for me to be able to do so.

There is a ton of detail surrounding our overall recognition program, but the short answer is we have one, it is good, and it works.

9. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Here's my opinion of truckstop employees, IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET SOMEPLACE YOURSELF, PLEASE STOP GIVING TRUCKERS DIRECTIONS!!!

Pur48Ted Thanks this.
  10. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Why do we have to go inside to get a fuel receipt? Almost anywhere I buy fuel in Canada I put in a card at the pump, fuel up, and then get a receipt at the same place. I've never understood why you want us to come inside for that.

shantyshaker12 Thanks this.
  11. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Can't tempt you to buy something else if you do not come in.:biggrin_2559:

HFC and shantyshaker12 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.