Any words on Schneider's pay-raise freeze?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by bobtailxpress, Oct 1, 2009.

1. bobtailxpress

bobtailxpress Bobtail Member

May 10, 2009
    everywhere
    I don't know about you fellow drivers but I will leave Schneider if they won't
    cease their pay-raise freeze by 2010.
    I'm sure they will lose a lot of their better driver if they keep the same pace:biggrin_25512:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. badsey

badsey Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Green Bay, WI
    Pay is frozen like the Frozen Tundra of Green Bay, WI.

4. bduke

bduke Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Fontana, ca
    If their pay is frozen, why do I hear their advertisements on Sirius radio all day? They always say that they need drivers in this area pulling this type of trailer. Insert your own area and trailer type.

To me, if the company is freezing wages, they have know business hiring new drivers. Unless of course, they are just an otr driver mill with drivers quitting in droves every day.

5. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007

You must be talking about the joke ads.

Flexible Home time. Best in the interest of the driver and the family.

Driver comfort and benefits in trucks not allowed to idle.:biggrin_25526:

6. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Well there are going to be a lot of drivers looking for new jobs, in January.

Your wages aren't coming back for a long, long time.

As a first year driver, it has only been within the last 8 years that wages had risen above .21 a mile at most companies for first year drivers.

In 2003, Central Refridgerated started all newly graduated solo drivers at .23 a mile. With a .01 per year raise. WooHooo.....

7. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Pay raises? You're lucky they aren't reducing pay! Quitting in january may come back to bite you..........Go Pumpkin.........

8. bobtailxpress

bobtailxpress Bobtail Member

May 10, 2009
    everywhere
    I disagree with your point jtrnr1951. Drivers with mindset like you,if you're
    a driver, is exactly what makes companies take advantage. The truth is when Schneider announced their pay-raise freeze they were doing pretty good. In fact picking up new business cause some other smaller co's were going out of business. So... reason for pay freeze? G R E E D..... At the time they did that economy was going downhill and drivers were panicing
    that they lose their jobs, and schneider cApitalized on that...

9. Elvenhome21

Elvenhome21 Heavy Load Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Sheboygan, WI
    heres how i look at it. if you quit sni and you percentages are good enough for rehire. quit, take a month or 2 off. then reapply, you fall under experienced rehire instead of rookie. you should get a .02 bump in pay. granted its still frozen but your .02 higher in pay

10. Mr. Davidson

Mr. Davidson Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Pittsburgh Pa
    When you re apply The only problem I see is the ,kind of gay guy with an earing ,at most companies who gives orientation and tells the fables ,and then the road test instructor with a license to be an a, oh well.

11. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Bobtail express- Good luck Driver !!!!!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.