Anybody else notice that PA and NJ truck restrictions for the 2/20 “ storm”

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by pete1, Feb 20, 2019.

1. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

don’t apply to toll roads.
    I did.
    This is horse****
    295 and NJ Tpke run side by side for miles. Can’t drive on one, can drive on the other.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    In Pennsylvania, you’re not safe to drive on many interstates, however, feel free to drive on deer trails and alongside Amish buggies and through small town USA

:biggrin_25523:

Blackshack46, bzinger and pete1 Thank this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    that is because on super highways, who does the speed limits, and drive like 90 mph..??

on small town roads, speed traps make one keep it respectable.

ice is no fun to drive on, i had my share of that crap.

too many Billy Big Riggers, wanting to prove something to others.

5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Well, I notice you bring up a third of what needs to be brought up. But there is also those who drive miserably slow to the point of being a hazard to all others

Then there are those who can drive sensibly and safely if they will just be allowed to.

bzinger and pete1 Thank this.
  6. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    IF and i say IF the slower ones, stay in the far right lane, with the 4 ways on, all others can safely pass on the left.

i stay in that far right lane, when the weather tanks, if need be, i do seek an exit, rest area, etc.
    even though i only put on 330 miles (round trip) each night, i am in no hurry to get there, or back.

how i survived all these years.

7. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

18% grade? 6” of snow? No problem.
    There a church somewhere in that hellhole state that has been hit by so many trucks falling down the 16% grade hill it’s on that they finally closed it when the latest one knocked it off its foundations. Lol.

8. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

I have less and less tolerance for snow, to the point where I really don’t care if I lose 4 or 5 loads a year because of it. I just park it.
    Who cares? There’s always another load.

9. DieselDrivinDaddy

DieselDrivinDaddy Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Poconos, PA
    I didn’t look in NJ but it looks like there were restrictions on PA toll roads as well.

PennDOT Lists Travel Restrictions on Commercial Vehicles for Wednesday’s Storm

I’m also a fairweather trucker these days. I don’t mind driving in winter weather conditions. What I do mind is risking my safety and my business by sharing the road with all the idiots out there.

I spent the snow day hanging out with my wife and kids. I’ll take sh!tty diapers over sh!tty drivers anytime.

10. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    this is where frankly, at my current job, either my boss OR the CUSTOMER will actually shut us down, before we even show up for work..i never had that type of cooperation in my life..

oh, i had companies that i would call and say "i was able to get to such and such, but i cannot go any more, and have to shut down"...

in which, i'd get an "OK"

but what no company likes, is when one single snow flake is in the air, and drivers book off..

i was always told, "at least make an attempt", "then if you cannot go on, turn around, or park it, call us when you can start again"

i never worked for a company that forced me to drive in bad weather, thank god for that.

cuz i always knew how to PARK IT, and throw the keys into the woods, lake, sewer.....

bzinger Thanks this.
  11. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I forget where I was going that day but I had to leave on Saturday and didn't have to get where I was going at a set time.

So I wanted to hang out with my family on Saturday morning, eat breakfast, maybe play a game or two, but my boss called me on Friday night and said, "just so you know they're banning commercial vehicles at noon so you'd better leave early."

So I get up early, take off make it to NJ by 11,,,, nope CMVs banned in NJ excluding the Turnpike. Well I'm already on 78! How else am I supposed to get to the Turnpike?!?

Sheesh.

So I ended up where I needed to be 4 hours early.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.