Anybody ever delivered to Burning Man?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by SteveScott, Aug 11, 2019.

1. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Got a local job today dropping a couple trailers at Burning Man in Nevada then picking them up in 2 weeks when it's over. They own the reefers, and it's just a really good paying power only load for me. I was looking at the trailers I'm taking up today, and they only get used once a year for the festival. They are caked with white desert alkali. I guess I'll be getting a wash after every trip in so that white crap doesn't corrode my truck. I've run into drivers that have delivered there in the past, and their clothes and truck are covered in white alkali powder. I guess that's why it pays so well. They actually sleep in the reefers at night, so in addition to their provisions the trailer is full of couches and beds. #### hippies.

The people I'm doing the job for makes the big steel sculptures and vehicles. Saw their shop today. Pretty impressive. They have everything including plasma cutters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Texas_hwy_287, tscottme, Smut and 10 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Wow, that's a lot of people that go there.

FlaSwampRat, MartinFromBC and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Been wondering about that.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  5. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    NOPE I worked a job for two summers in NV, god what a bunch of freaks passed through headed up there.

6. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    It would be sweet to deliver there, party for two weeks, then go back.

7. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    No way in hell would I stay there, I am talking genuine freaks, hundreds if not thousands of them. lol

8. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Never delivered there but one of my buddies, takes off work from trucking to go work that place . he drives a truck that delivers most of the supplies for that place. He gets to watch that place go from a desert in the middle of,nowhere , and turn it into a huge city , and then backto a desert. The way he describes it, it sounds cool. But lots of drugs and crazy stuff goes on out there

Coffey, Intothesunset and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  9. MM71

MM71 Heavy Load Member

Jun 28, 2008
    AZ
    I've hauled a bunch of stuff for Michael Curry Design. Been to pre and post Burning Man and EDC ... no way in hell I would stay around for the #### show that is one of those festivals.

Great paying freight. Super friendly people. Really cool stuff

10. LDLWells

LDLWells Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
    They're just people like you and me trying to have a good time.

It's a lot of fun the time I was there. Great to see people come together, make a city, and then take all their trash when they leave. And going by most truck stop parking lots I can see why a few of you don't understand the concept

11. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    Nothing wrong with having a good time but to address the trash issue, do you think the participants bring it it home to where they came from? Or dispose of it properly? Nope.
    'Leave no trace' has become 'hide the evidence': Reno residents sick of being Burning Man base camp

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.