Anybody ever delivered to Burning Man?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by SteveScott, Aug 11, 2019.

1. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    I loaded at one. They just had me stay in the truck so I wouldn’t have to walk in the stuff. They lined the walls with a roll of cardboard, loaded the mini bulk bags, I scaled back out.
    After unloading I washed it out.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Now don't that experience make you want to play in that stuff naked in that stuff for a week or so, even with showers, you still get right back out in it. lol

SteveScott and HoneyBadger67 Thank this.
  4. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
  5. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Back in the starting of Burning man, it was all about the art and creativity. Was a low key thing.
    Fast forward to things now, and you’ll find a non-profit organization that has a multi-million dollar budget.

The next two weeks, the area will be over run by burners.
    The locals actually despise the event. For the most part, event attendees are reasonably decent. It’s the one third or more of them that trash the surrounding environment.
    Shoplifting apparently goes off the charts, according to some past local newspaper reports.

6. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't burning man basically start spawned of the rainbow festival,because they finally negotiated for a place where it could be held more than one year?

7. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    It started out back in the 80's as some kind of strange art exhibition on a beach near San Francisco and just grew from there. Finally there were just too many people coming so they arranged for an annual permit in the Black Rock desert and the rest is history. They get somewhere around 70,000 to 100,000 people. No thanks.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  8. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    What kind of dust is it . is it like powder. ? Or is it corrosive. Sounds like hell.i hate when i get just regular dirt on my truck

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  9. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    White alkali dust, I am not sure about corrosive,but I want to say it is poisonous. I know old timers talked about bad water holes with it in it.

D.Tibbitt and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  10. SteveScott

Nov 10, 2015
    Alkali is very corrosive, but not in an acidic way. It's chemical make-up is a base, which is just the opposite of an acid. It's more like a salt is the easiest way to explain it.

D.Tibbitt and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  11. SteveScott

Nov 10, 2015
    PS:, it's about as fine as powdered sugar blowing on the desert. It gets in everything.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.