Anybody Have Experience with Houston Fed Ex off Farrell?

Discussion in 'FedEx' started by Thane, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Thane

Thane Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2017
    I'm looking at checking out a potential OTR job with Fed Ex in North Houston, with the yard being off Farrell. Anybody out there familiar with this place? The contractor is called Benz. I can't seem to get straight answers from anybody, so the red flags have gone up. The ad is on Craiglist, a site known for phishing, and I wonder if that's not what this is. They'll take your application and sell your information to somebody without your knowledge, is what I'm thinking. I've asked about both solo and team operations, and I've asked the office guys to ask present drivers to contact me....to no avail. The place looks half-shady, half-legit. But the pay is supposedly very good. What's the catch?

PS--they don't offer insurance. You have to cover that yourself.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    If it looks like a phish, smells like a phish, then........

4. Thane

Thane Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2017
    It's called Benz Transport. It's 1099, meaning the 'good pay' gets dragged down to below average when all deductions are made by the drivers. The 'manager' lied to me about meeting me there in person when I went to apply. No one would allow me to talk to the driver I was supposed to team with before I applied. They wouldn't give me his contact info. Within 30 seconds of arriving I knew it was a sham, so I bolted. Avoid this Benz Transport.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.