Anybody live in Jax Florida?

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by UturnGirl, Mar 26, 2019.

1. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    I'm thinking I might like to transfer to Jacksonville Florida because I think I ultimately want to retire in florida and transferring my current intermodal job to Jax would be the place to start. I've been there lots but wonder what its like to live around Jacksonville.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Do you like large insects?

G13Tomcat and UturnGirl Thank this.
  4. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    I divorced the last one... Oh you mean literally....Yeah. Not so much. But I can take my dogs for a walk and troll for alligators on my days off.

5. Scoot 1971

Scoot 1971 Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2018
    I'm with you in that Florida is on my shortlist for retirement destinations. As a native Texan who spends a lot of time in Fl., it's my favorite place to be anymore. Yes, there are many elderly New Yorkers who are more than willing to tell you exactly what they're thinking, but if you can let that go, Florida is beautiful all year long. There are sleepy little coastal towns up either coasts, and deep forests for privacy. Florida offers everything you could want except Winter. I just made up my mind, it's Florida or bust for me, hope to see you here.

7-UP, UturnGirl and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. Scoot 1971

Scoot 1971 Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2018
    BTW, the annoying retirees from NY tend to stay in the more populous areas so it's easy to avoid them. I've come to the conclusion that they typically are in Central Florida.

UturnGirl and Chinatown Thank this.
  7. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Different breed lives down there.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Palm Coast is really nice; better than Jacksonville. It's 63 miles from Palm Coast to Jacksonville. Do you plan to rent or buy a condo/house/apartment?
    [​IMG]. upload_2019-3-26_20-39-43.jpeg

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Incorporated in 1999, Palm Coast is one of Florida’s newest cities. Palm Coast sits between Saint Augustine and Daytona Beach in Flagler County, on 70 miles of saltwater and freshwater canals as well as the Intracoastal Waterway. Close proximity to Atlantic Ocean beaches also shapes life in Palm Coast, with abundant opportunities for fishing, boating, kayaking, and swimming.

Outdoor recreation abounds in Palm Coast, with numerous scenic parks, world-class tennis and golfing facilities, a year-round running series, and more than 125 miles of connecting paths and trails for walking and biking. Palm Coast’s European Village offers plenty of things to do in town, with a bevy of restaurants, shops, bars, offices, and cafes in colorful buildings clustered along cobblestone walkways. The European Village also hosts a popular farmers market, featuring fresh produce and artisan goods. Metropolitan amenities in Orlando and Jacksonville each within an hour’s drive of Palm Coast as well. Access to I-95, U.S. 1, and A1A makes getting around from Palm Coast simple.

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  10. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    My main PTI terminal is in Jacksonville so I've been curious about just living there. From what I read, they seem to have a crime issue, but I'm not sure how bad it really is or if it's just in certain areas.

Maybe like a lot of cities, there is the bad part of town that skews statistics for the whole city, but you really if you just avoid the known bad neighborhood it's probably fine?

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Saint Augustine is ok and only 40 miles south of Jacksonville.
    Walk through history in Saint Augustine, the oldest continuously-occupied European settlement in the country. Saint Augustine was founded in 1565, long before Jamestown was established in 1607. Add to this rich history some truly beautiful beaches, palm trees, and plenty of shops and restaurants, and Saint Augustine is a true gem. If you are looking at apartments in Saint Augustine, consider Outer Saint Augustine -- the area around the city center, slightly removed from the tourists but still close to the area's best attractions: the Saint Augustine Lighthouse, the Castillo de San Marcos, and Anastasia State Park. St. Augustine is about 40 miles south of Jacksonville, with Dixie Highway and I-95 leading directly to the city.
    [​IMG].[​IMG]

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.