Anyone doing a lease for crst Malone?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by asphaltcowboy4x4, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Guardian777

Guardian777 Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2019
    All CRST leases (STI, Malone) are a scam. When all those gold CRST expedited team trucks you are always passing go out of warranty, they scam them off on driver's ("be your own boss, zero down", etc). Bottom line; they charge the hapless driver .14 cents/ mile ~$17,000/year) maintenance! Then when the 500,000 mile truck breaks, they keep you waiting for weeks before they decide if they want to fix it or not (hoping the Dr will just quit instead). And the fuel discount is a flat .12 cents at the major truck stops only, whereas CRST gets a .40-.50 cent per gal discount. So CRST pockets the difference every time you fuel .45 cents - .12 cents = .33 cents per gallon = approx $8200.00/ year per truck.
    QUOTE="mover man, post: 8703550, member: 39393"]Malone was a pretty good company before they sold out to crst.
    I no 2 guys there now. One does good the other is always #####ing.
    Before you go there ask the recruiter about the per mile maintenance, insurance, Qualcomm, escrow, plate, 1099 charges.

Also ask about the fuel discount program. *hint* imho it is barely a half step above just paying pump price.

That said i dont, nor never have, or will work there.
    I constantly hear one guy always complaining he is gonna quit. Cause he is always in the whole again.
    The other always seems to have settlements between $2400-2700. And is now talking about going to landstar when his truck is paid off in august.
    I cant say thier good or they suck. But i wouldn't work there.
    Like with all lease purchase or any no money down programs. The devil is in the details, so do your research.
    Remember the 80/20 rule, 20% of the guys make 80% of the money[/QUOTE]

2. jaylo

jaylo Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2010
    wichita,ks
    ^^This guys full of it... The maintenance is high? Ask an O/O how much they’ve spent on a emissions truck in a year... Yes it’s kinda of high but they do replace whatever and with huge discounts... if it takes awhile they’ll loan you a truck to keep going. And here’s a screenshot of fuel discounts some are up to 1.00/.94 off. just because you don’t like someplace doesn’t mean you spread misinformation.

Attached Files:

JonTheTrucker Thanks this.
  3. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    What is that a screen shot of? Show the top heading, cause it looks like a rate page.

asphaltcowboy4x4 Thanks this.
  4. jaylo

jaylo Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2010
    wichita,ks
    It’s a fuel discount page for T/A Petro just did a quick screenshot.

5. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    What do you mean "Malone was a good company before they sold out to CRST"? CRST has owned Malone for 34 years. The fuel discount at TA/Petro varies by location, but is close to $0.50 a gallon, which is huge.

We are owned by CRST, but we are not run by CRST. Our recruiting is separate from CRST, and the lease purchase is separate. We do not get $1.00 a mile plus fsc. And its 75% of line haul not 70%.

Speed_Drums and Rix43 Thank this.
  6. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    I remember when malone sold out. Now I been out here a long time, but I'm pretty sure. It hasn't been 34 years.
    If you reread my post, I never said anything about $1 per mile freight. I did say ask about the .12-.15 per mile charge on the lp trucks.

I guess I stand corrected about the fuel discount. I assumed it was the same as pegasus and sti.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  7. Bean Jr.

Mar 30, 2014
    I'm not lp. The $0.15 and isn't available like my $0.14 maintenance account is one of the big downsides of their lease.
    Screenshot_20190718-052715_Chrome.jpg

8. Obcdablessed

Obcdablessed Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2019
    I’m coming from TMC and headed over to Malone orientation on the 29th. Any advice on being successful? I live in North Carolina and I’m not lazy at all I’m used to running 5 loads a week for TMC and most of them tarped.

Rix43 Thanks this.
  9. Bean Jr.

Mar 30, 2014
    Stay in "the box". That is west of the PA state line, east of I35, north of Florida and south of Detroit/Illinois/Wisconsin state line. Stay out of Montana, the Dakotas and Texas unless you have freight coming out already.

Call the agent who handles freight out of the area you are going as soon as that load is assigned to you. Don't sit looking for a load as most often it is better to deadhead than to sit.

Speed_Drums, Newtrucker48 and Rix43 Thank this.
  10. Obcdablessed

Obcdablessed Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2019
    Ok thanks I will keep that in mind

Bean Jr. and Rix43 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.