Anyone doing RGN in GTA?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Bksrt8, Feb 3, 2024.

1. Bksrt8

Bksrt8 Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Oshawa Ont
    I'm interested in getting into RGN with my truck but not exactly sure where to start, it seems most places doing that sort of work are large companies like gfl who have thier own trucks, i like deck but i also like running heavy equipment so I thought rgn would be a nice change ....is there anybody doing rgn as o/o?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Phantom Trucker

Phantom Trucker Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Calgary, AB
    Earl Paddock Transport (Stoney Creek) is into that type of work. They’d be a strong consideration for me if I were getting into that segment of trucking.

4. Bksrt8

Bksrt8 Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Oshawa Ont
    Oh I hadn't considered them, do they hire O/O?
    Thanks for the suggestion!

5. NorthEastTrucker

NorthEastTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2019
  6. Bksrt8

Bksrt8 Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Oshawa Ont
    Oh I should mention that I can't cross the border right now although for the right company/pay, I'll consider doing it. But for now I'd prefer to stay in Canada.

7. NorthEastTrucker

NorthEastTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2019
    You know that on a large scale of Freight in comparison the Usa is is around a 9:1 ratio to us here in Canada right? Just by the population alone being 38.9 million for Canada vs. 333 million for the Usa. Factor in infrastructure, shipping volumes etc.
    There are 3.5 million employed truck drivers in the U.S. and 1.1028 Million for hire carriers in the U.S. 23+ Trucking Industry Statistics [2023]: Surprising Facts On American Trucking - Zippia.

Canada on a Freight Market value level is only 13.4% of the U.s. Freight Shipmenting Market. I honestly, don't understand how much O/o's who just operator in Canada can even survive here especially in this Freight recession? If I wasn't leased onto a company that's been establish for 35 years (contract only freight no load board spot market stuff) I'd have serious problems.

I know that TransX is hiring however with
    • After fuel drivers are making up to $1.40 per mile
    IMHO this is a joke. Anything less than $1.80 cpm isn't helping an O/o especially if they have a breakdown and their truck is in the shop for a couple days. At $1.40 cpm I don't see a O/o even breaking close to even.!

8. Bksrt8

Bksrt8 Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Oshawa Ont
    Yep it's a brutal market for an o/o to work in...ive considered selling and just going in someone else's volvo...but my payments are under 2k/month for the truck I bought and it'll actually be paid for in October this year so I can kinda afford to pick and choose...to be honest I'd sooner run north or east and stay in Canada but the money is in the US and I'm at peace with the idea I may be forced to run US. Ideally my wife and I are considering relocating to Alberta, im tired of Ontario, it's too ugly....if im going to bend over and take it on the kitchen table for my country I'd at least like to have a nice view while I'm being raped thank you very much! Lol

Canadianhauler21 and Condi Thank this.
  9. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    Buck forty AFTER fuel is roughly 2.25 or better with cheap insurance costs . IT’s survival

NorthEastTrucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.