Anyone drive regionals for England?

Discussion in 'CR England' started by JasonCT, Sep 23, 2008.

1. JasonCT

JasonCT Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Willimantic, CT
    Anyone driving regional for England? How is it?
    Thanks.
    -Jason

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BananaRunner

BananaRunner Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2008
    Manteca, CA
    I drive western regional for CR England. I have been with them for 3 years as a company driver. I have driven national, dedicated and regional. How goos it is depends on the driver. Pay is not much better that OTR. Miles are fairly consistent, at least for me, at an average of 2400 miles per week. Some loads are planned extremely tight and some are planned with cushions so large that a whale could sit on them :)
    Home time is 2 days every other week. Usually get home within 24 hours of requested date. I usually have next load assignment before I have delivered current load-helps greatly with trip planning. Communications through Qualcomm is ok (could be better). Communications by phone is aweful (Driver manager's only answer their phone about 20% of the time). So, in conclusion, regional has it's pros and cons.....like any job!

skullitor Thanks this.
  4. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    I knew a guy "SNUFFY" who drove regional for CRE for 22 years.He was based out of Flynns Truckstop In Shrewsbury,Mass.He was happy with CRE and home every weekend mostly.He retired a couple months ago.He was the white haired guy with a GIANT "Snoopy"dog seatbelted into the jump seat.He told people CRE treated him like family and was a nice company to work for.He stressed if your lazy or like to play in truckstops, "REEFERS ARE NOT FOR YOU".

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.