Anyone else see this wackjob?

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Bakerman, Mar 18, 2019.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Its a sad day when you need to pay people to stay out of prison. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Autonomous vehicles have already killed people and it's still full steam ahead.

Tb0n3, D.Tibbitt and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  4. Flat Earth Trucker

Nov 19, 2018
    This exchange from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is actually telling us how the Federal Reserve works. People aren't smart enough to realize they are being mocked.

Ruthless and Brettj3876 Thank this.
  5. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    I'm not going to go into a whole lot of my background for this, but he makes a lot of valid points, even concerning "paying people to stay out of jail" which isn't actually what he meant. What he meant was give the people who are either stuck in the revolving door or close to the breaking point a little room financially to get their #### together. Which works for the people who aren't already career criminals (and even some that were).

A computer simply isn't going to replace any trucking job that is specialized or requires finesse/labor (oversized/tanker/logging/dirt/flatbed/movers/etc). However, I would expect the pay for these fields to decrease dramatically as all the steering wheel holders are displaced and start fighting for those jobs, willing to work for 30cpm or $15 an hour just to have a job.

On the other points they made, the stuff seems reasonable enough:
    healthcare, universal would probably benefit the country due to the amount of regulations currently screwing it up for everyone;
    "freedom dividend", yeah something like that is probably going to be necessary, it will give people room to work with to find a new career, and even those that don't will be able to retire(very modestly at least);
    riots, that's probably an optimistic view of what would happen if 30%+ more of the population was suddenly unemployed over the next 10-20 years.

I'm not a Democrat or a Commie but some things just make sense.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  6. Flat Earth Trucker

Nov 19, 2018

I like this video for its style of being an entertaining and simultaneously engaging presentation.

Since we all live in a world of mass deception, it's simply impossible to verify all the contents therein as being absolutely factual and true. For instance, many in the truth movement look upon JFK as a martyr for justice. I do not as that would make him the world's first altruistic philanderer. But that is merely my own opinion that I cannot corroborate with absolute certainty.

QuietStorm and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  7. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Always Sunny is one of the best shows ever!

8. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Hell even those self driving cars cant keep from killing people or hitting #### and they have drivers sitting behind the wheel monitering the entire time

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I'm for the riot. Where and when?

10. Flat Earth Trucker

Nov 19, 2018
    April 12. Black tie. Seven o clock.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  11. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Should we bring snacks? Beer? Condoms?

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.