Anyone ever buy a roll-off truck from Apex Equipment?

Discussion in 'Waste Removal and Garbage Truck Driver Forum' started by Fredy, May 26, 2016.

1. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fredy

Fredy Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Washington, D.C
    Wow thank you! It really is very helpful and Ive pinpointed all the parts. now I have to see which parts can be salvaged and what needs replacement. Again big thank you!

street beater Thanks this.
  4. street beater

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Out of curiosity, what happened? Have a box come down kidde wampus?

5. Fredy

Fredy Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Washington, D.C
    Hey street beater sorry I never answered til now. Was driving down a hill and next thing I hear a loud screeching metal sound.I pulled over to inspect the truck and the hydraulic hoses for the tarp system and the rear taillight wires got tangled on the drive shaft. Oh well. OVerall it costs $900 on parts alone so not worth it while I save up for a reppair or more dumpsters

6. Fredy

Fredy Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Washington, D.C
    I came back to ask you another question about the PTO. Ive noticed that other drivers at the landfill really rev u their engines while using the winch to pickup or lift up the dumpster for dumping. How much rev? I dont like reving past 800rpm but have noticed i may need to when the dumpster was 10 tons or more. WHat do you think? Also ive seen many folks drive away and at the same time lowering the dumpster but i read the galbreath manual saying you shouldnt disengange the pto while lowering the railing.

7. street beater

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Well that sucks about your hydros.

As to pto and rev, 1400 to 1500. But thats max. Some trucks actually have a rev limiter that engages when the pto is on to keep it 15 or lower. No fear or danger, run it up to 13 to 15 for the heavy weights.

As to rolling and lowering, they are still engaged. Pto on, box up, put it in 2nd, ease off the clutch, and idle away while dropping the rack.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.